Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern European daggers

Article about: Hi all, I have a question about eastern European daggers and militaria in general. Now I know that it seems to be common knowledge that stuff from this part of Europe is suspect, but surely

?

Default Eastern European daggers

Hi all,
    I have a question about eastern European daggers and militaria in general. Now I know that it seems to be common knowledge that stuff from this part of Europe is suspect, but surely it can't all be?
    The reason I'm concerned is that I'm now based in the Czech Republic, and this country was occupied partly from 1938 after Munich and completely from 1939-45, so it stands to reason that there must be a huge amount of genuine material in this country. It can't all have been taken home by the occupying forces, can it?
    I don't know if Cz make many fakes, but it's proximity to Poland I suppose makes it fair game.
    I find myself completely paranoid visiting antique shops and junk shops, and am worried that one day I'll find an absolute gem but disregard it due to this! Does anybody have any experience of buying from this part of Europe?
    Would be very interested to hear any opinions. Many thanks for your time, cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern European daggers
    P
    Many

There are alot of Fakes made in Czech but you also find alot of original items ,The Czech army used alot of ww2 German items post war you really need to read up on things that interest you and show here before buying , You will find some nice items i am sure so happy hunting

Hi, well prices in Czech republic are many time more expensive than in the Germany or other states. I purchased many daggers from Czech republic for very reasonable prices, but this time is almost gone and what you can find in Antique shops - mostly shitty daggers, fakes and fantasy items... And when you find genuine dagger, the price will be too high for purchasing.

For example I purchased very early LW2 dagger by Alcoso for 270 €, Army dagger by C. Eickhorn rare 1st. pattern for 450 €, Generic "A" puma for 320 €, very rare Horster 1st. for 320 €... but what you can purchase very cheap is old Austro-Hungarian swords or bayonets, and also many WWI german items for reasonable prices...

If you want I can send you link to one auction site and you can find something interesting...

Regards

Peter

?

Thank you very much both of you, Peter, I sent you a PM regarding the link. Much appreciated. Tom