Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Boot kniffe

Article about: Guten Tag. Ich möchte lokale Identifizierungsexperten fragen. Dankeschön.

?

Default German Boot kniffe

Good day. I would like to ask local experts to help identify the assault knife marked with ss runes. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Boot kniffe   German Boot kniffe  

German Boot kniffe   German Boot kniffe  

German Boot kniffe  
    Last edited by Vlada; 10-16-2021 at 06:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Boot kniffe
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    This is an English speaking forum, please feel free to use a translator for your posts, you will not be the only one doing this.

In my opinion, this is not a German fighting knife. The tip is too fine for this use, and there would be a problem with the tip continually breaking off.
    I have a number of fighting knives, and none of them have this fine of a tip.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you very much for your answer. The knife was found in a former German army training camp. The marking with SS runes is special, and I couldn't find the manufacturer either.

It's been in the ground for a long time but probably was made in the 1970's. I'm not aware of any German fighting knife marked with ss runes. As Ralph points out the blade profile is not the same as the infanteriemesser 42. See below;

German Boot kniffe

?

In looking at photos it seems to be marked on cross guard with K & P if I am making the letters in image out correctly. Does not look like 1930s - 1940s vintage but is a relic from the ground.

German Boot kniffe
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Yes, this is indicated on the cross cover by K&P. It was found in the trench of a former German military training ground. German decorations were also found in the trenches. Maybe he actually got there later. I don't know. It's a mystery. Thank you all very much. Vlada

?

Good day. I tried to clean and you can see the inscription RZM, / 36 and other marks + the inscription on the other side. Please do not know what it could be? Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Boot kniffe   German Boot kniffe  

German Boot kniffe  

Quote by Vlada View Post
    Good day. I tried to clean and you can see the inscription RZM, / 36 and other marks + the inscription on the other side. Please do not know what it could be? Thank you
    the inscription is m.7/36 IS DE E. U. F. HOSTER SOLINGEN FABRIEK RMZ CODE?BUT I DONT NOW
    THAT THE MAKE THIS KIND OF DOLKEN WHIT SS TRADE MARKS!!! regards vaanderig;

?

One more photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Boot kniffe  

The grind on this blade is not that of a fighting knife, (kampfmesser). It is more like part of a carbine bayonet.
    I have never seen one marked in this way.
    In my opinion, possibly a hand made piece.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast