Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German knife? 90th ID Vet Bringback

Article about: This knife was recently found in a box of bringback stuff from a US Vet of the 90th ID and later the 1st ID. Everything in the box was related to his time with the 90th, and later, his time

Default German knife? 90th ID Vet Bringback

This knife was recently found in a box of bringback stuff from a US Vet of the 90th ID and later the 1st ID. Everything in the box was related to his time with the 90th, and later, his time with the 1st ID as a Guard at Nuremberg. I have to assume it was used for something during this time, as i dont think the box had been opened in 60 years, and there was nothing unrelated to his service in the box. The knife is maybe 6 inches long. Thanks for looking

German knife? 90th ID Vet BringbackGerman knife? 90th ID Vet BringbackGerman knife? 90th ID Vet Bringback

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German knife? 90th ID Vet Bringback
    P
    Many

Default Re: German knife? 90th ID Vet Bringback

It is a German hunting knife.
    I like these.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Eric ,,what kind of grain is that as it looks odd.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks to be stag to me Larry.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

i would agree most likely a german stag handled hunting knife most likely carried by a german soldier

For a minute there, I thought it was made of one of Leupold's bones... Nice Hunting knife, by the way!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The maker is Bayerische Messerfabrik Joh. Leopold Gefrees i. Fichtelgebirge.

It looks like a hunting knife

Regards

Thanks for the information guys. I was able to purchase everything in the group, including a nice P38 pistol with capture papers, Mauser rifle and a bayonet with matching scabbard. There was a ton of other stuff too, which i was able to get, US medals, patches, etc. The only thing left out was this knife. I paid very fair prices on the other stuff, but on this, i have no idea what to offer. Its going to the mans widow, so i have no problem paying market value, if anyone has any idea of a ballpark i should offer, i would appreciate it. (Ill post pics of the total haul later tonight if anyone is interested)

Hello Jay, Sure thing-post pics of the lot-it sounds great! As for the value of the knife? Well, it has no sheath and is in fairly rough shape-which is normal for it's age, but as such, it's really not worth a great deal as a collectable or anything. I'm thinking $25 bucks give or take abit would be about tops on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the info. Here are a few pics of all the items that belonged to the Veteran. (and yeh, i realize the chevrons in the frame are upside down)

German knife? 90th ID Vet Bringback

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast