Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german ww2 divers knife

Article about: Hi all, Found this knife for sale. But I don't like the eickhorn mark and I don't find a exact example of it on the internet. Is it a fake or an original? Grts, Wesley

?

Default german ww2 divers knife

Hi all,

Found this knife for sale.

But I don't like the eickhorn mark and I don't find a exact example of it on the internet.

Is it a fake or an original?

Grts,

Wesley

german ww2 divers knifegerman ww2 divers knifegerman ww2 divers knifegerman ww2 divers knifegerman ww2 divers knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german ww2 divers knife
    P
    Many

Wesley, I think your instincts are correct, and it looks to be etched or (?), but not stamped which should last about 20 nanoseconds in a hostile saltwater environment. Which I think is already starting to be evident - not one for me. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german ww2 divers knife  

If I can add one other thing to my above comment for those who may be on the fence, new collectors, or not completely sure of what they are seeing it's this. If a seller can't do a better job in photographing something he is selling then that might be the first clue that he has his and not your best interests in mind. I'm not saying that this was done deliberately because I don't know if better imaging has been asked for and been denied and/or has not been done for some reason. With what is also bothering me being the fact that the all important trademark is noticeably out of focus IMO whereas the scabbard body to the left and even the packaging to the right seems to be better focused. A technique that over time I've seen used (IMO) to mislead prospective purchasers. That said, I'm still of the opinion that this is not something that I would consider purchasing. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german ww2 divers knife  

I would also have to agree....and a question to be asked ...where are the rest of these Naval Knives?

No one can say that they are sunk to the bottom of the sea..when there are an abundant amount of Naval officer daggers and sabres in the market place.

Only one man would know? ..and since he is deceased we will never know.

german ww2 divers knife
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

There are a few divers knives that are accepted by collectors as being Original, you have to look for them with a magnifying glass tho.
    And to be honest.....i would never buy one and its not that i dont find them attractive, the Henckels one is a good looking one too....but i dont like the controvesy about them.
    You dont wanna invest a lot, becourse they are pretty expensive, and get a lot of questions about their originality........

This one doesnt stand the 2 seconds test, on simple grounds that Fred pointed out already!

Ger

Still al lovely butterknife for camping at seasides....

Greetings. Can you help me with a question? I was recently offered a ww2 german diver knife. As I am not familiar with this type of knife, I would like to know your opinion about the originality. I also had doubts about a weld in the scabbard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1391442[/ATTACH
    german ww2 divers knife
    german ww2 divers knife
    german ww2 divers knife
    german ww2 divers knife
    german ww2 divers knife
    german ww2 divers knife

?

I like this one, it seems to have the acceptance stamp of Prussia and a mark on the ricasso of August Luneburg Kiel which was a WKC distributer.
    But this one would be earlier having a Prussian mark and therefore rather WW1- Weimar then a WW2 Divers Knife, but could easily be still in use during WW2.

Regards
    Ger

I've seen them before with a double headed eagle, and I believe that the marking is Austro-Hungarian from the Imperial era. That said, I imagine that at some point the Germans could possibly have found some leftovers that they might have used. Best Regards, Fred

?

Fred i dont think its a double eagle imo the lifted area displays the eagle.
    The maker is WKC which was distributed by August Lüneburg who is known to distribute WKC.

I do think August sold them in Kiel, regardless if it was an Astro or Prussian order.

Ger

The markings on the Diver's knife to me are remarkably similar to those on some Mannlicher rifles, with the one on the left I believe a Hungarian St.Stephan's crest, and the one on the right an Austrian Eagle. The Austro-Hungarians at that time having a naval base in the Adriatic on the opposite side across from Italy. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast