Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Government official dagger Alcoso - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you if this dagger is original or not. Any opinion is welcome. Thank you, Mike

?

Default Government official dagger Alcoso - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you if this dagger is original or not. Any opinion is welcome.
    Thank you, Mike

Government official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for helpGovernment official dagger Alcoso - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Government official dagger Alcoso - ask for help
    P
    Many

?

Actually its a real Diplomat dagger,eagle on crossguard faces in the opposite direction as the eagle on the grip- maker Alcoso and parts numbered as should be (20) - has some wear and ageing but still a nice find.

Be careful taking these apart as things break easily i.e. the mother of pearl grip plates etc.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Typically, GO dagger crossguards look left, Diplomatic dagger crossguards look right. It looks like the dagger has been assembled backwards because the pommel eagle usually faces to the left & this one faces to the right.

I agree with Horst that the eagle on a Government Official's dagger faces in the same direction as the pommel & in the opposite direction on a Diplomat's dagger but being assembled backwards, we're getting an incorrect vantage point.

This Alcoso looks correct from the pictures. I would also agree that you should try to avoid disassembling daggers, especially GO/Diplo daggers, if possible, to avoid issues with reassembly &/or breaking the parts.

I'm with Billy,i neve understand the reason why to dismantle dagger like this

Horst is correct......Once the grip plates are disturbed..the chances of a perfect fit again are VERY minute. The GO/ Diplomatic collector will see this right away.
    The Mother of pearl grips are very brittle more so now..than 80 yrs ago.

This also in the minds of the type collector devalues the dagger and creating an atmosphere that it may have been parted together. These are not cheap on the current market.

Yet besides my rant....it still is a nice find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I would like to thank all of you for help but unfortunately I still do not have this dagger. The owner changed the mind on a last moment.

Quote by mike1 View Post
    I would like to thank all of you for help but unfortunately I still do not have this dagger. The owner changed the mind on a last moment.
    Typical diplomat behaviour...Bah!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.