Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?

Article about: Hello I found this Dolch in a barn near munic It is stamped and i am not shure if it is WW1 or WW2 era The pics say more I am thankful for all informations BR Bavarian

Default Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?

Hello
    I found this Dolch in a barn near munic
    It is stamped and i am not shure if it is WW1 or WW2 era
    The pics say more
    I am thankful for all informations
    BR
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?   Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?  

Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?   Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?
    P
    Many

The logo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?  

?

it certainly looks to be a GRABENDOLCH to me. jmho.

?

Hi - Your knife looks to be a WWI era Gottlieb Hammesfahr. The mark you circled is an inspection mark.

Is this a Grabendolch or a Infanteriemesser 42?

Thank you very much
    BR
    Bavarian

It's not maker marked which would be unusual for the WW1 era Gottieb Hammesfahr trench knives usually seen. Further more the scabbard appears to have had only one rivet holding the leather hanger. That also is unusual. Maybe produced by another maker late WW1.

?

Hi Anderson - I don't recall seeing any other makers with this shape hilt and blade, can you post an example of one made by another maker? cheers

Quote by sb98 View Post
    Hi Anderson - I don't recall seeing any other makers with this shape hilt and blade, can you post an example of one made by another maker? cheers
    an alternate question to be asked...could the community here see another example with a more clearer inspection stamp?
    If we are trying to find another example...lets seek one of each.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default E & F Hörster

Greetings Gents,

I can't assist with one with a clearer mark than the original poster's, but another manufacturer's type (E & F Hörster) of the same style is viewable here on post #140 That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Best,

V/r Lance

?

That's very close indeed, thanks Lance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast