Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hugo Koller:Real or Repro

Article about: Hi guys, Got this knife on a common auction site and just can’t get comfortable with it because it is “too perfect.” All of the quick checks say real, but it is too polished and too

Default Hugo Koller:Real or Repro

Hi guys, Got this knife on a common auction site and just can’t get comfortable with it because it is “too perfect.” All of the quick checks say real, but it is too polished and too “heavy” for me (weighs more than my known authentic Hugo Koller) . Opinions would be greatly appreciated !!Hugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or ReproHugo Koller:Real or Repro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hugo Koller:Real or Repro
    P
    Many

Hi,

IMHO it´s an, "overworked", Armeedolch, manufactured by Köller.

Possibly the crossguard isn´t the original one ?

Images of the scabbard ? ...

Thanks Reibert, I didn’t put the scabbard because it is unquestionably a nice period scabbard. But I know that doesn’t mean it came with the knife originally.

Is this a knife with known reproductions floating around? Someone told me the Hugo Koller symbol was too elaborate for the repro makers.

One thing is to compare thickness of yours and other hugo koller knife crossguard, 0,00 millimeters. Also exact knife gram weight also helps.

But otherwise, it looks like some knife smith decided polish and to make it more "nicer".

You can compare with my example.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Be nice to see the scabbard it came with. It's part of the "package" being evaluated.

So at the request of Anderson I added the scabbard, which is identical in every aspect to a known original I have. Am I getting the impression most think this to be an original knife, way over polished and “Bubba’d” as we say in the K98 world?

Both are original, just not an original pair.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast