Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

infanteriemesser 42

Article about: hello what do You think about originality of this knife?especially about the grips,for me they are strange and one of them doesent fit good with the knife.the knife origins from the same sou

Default infanteriemesser 42

hello what do You think about originality of this knife?especially about the grips,for me they are strange and one of them doesent fit good with the knife.the knife origins from the same source as another knife in wich the grips where not a fabric product so this one is also a suspect.
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infanteriemesser 42   infanteriemesser 42  

infanteriemesser 42   infanteriemesser 42  

infanteriemesser 42   infanteriemesser 42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement infanteriemesser 42
    P
    Many

Photos not the best, but the wood grips look recent.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Photos not the best, but the wood grips look recent.
    Of the same opinion, not in hand and possibly not the only problem this would not be one for me. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infanteriemesser 42  

Lightbulb

Seeing that the rivets are flat on both sides ( not flat on one side, domed on the other ) would make this knife a 'pass' for me.

thank You for the answers gents,
    for me also to much red flags
    best regards

Lightbulb

If you search the Forum under 'Nahkampfmesser' or 'Kampfmesser' you will find some very informative postings. I studied these a couple of years ago which saved me from making expensive errors when I added one of these knives to my collection.....

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Seeing that the rivets are flat on both sides ( not flat on one side, domed on the other ) would make this knife a 'pass' for me.
    You´re absolutely wrong ! ...
    The grip plates on the IM42 are always fixed with "flattened" Stiftnieten !
    As well as the most Wehrmacht Kampfmesser of different patterns are showing "flat" rivets.
    There´re not that many exceptions Wehrmacht Kampfmesser are showing "domed" rivets on both, or, on one single side of the hilt.

Probably one, or, both of the grip plates are replaced, IMO the knife itself is an legit one.

Best regards,
    R.

Hi Riebert ...good to see you posting here ..your knowledge of these knives are always welcomed and exact.
    Happy New Year

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lightbulb

Quote by Reibert View Post
    You´re absolutely wrong ! ...
    The grip plates on the IM42 are always fixed with "flattened" Stiftnieten !
    As well as the most Wehrmacht Kampfmesser of different patterns are showing "flat" rivets.
    There´re not that many exceptions Wehrmacht Kampfmesser are showing "domed" rivets on both, or, on one single side of the hilt..
    Many thanks for that.

I never claim to be an 'expert' but offer anyway - to defend the opinion given in my original post - some pictures of two knives in my collection. The lower two are of a knife purchased from a reputable dealer, but I am always aware tha even dealers can be misled by fake items. The two upper photographs show a relic knife, which I found 25 years ago on the windowledge of a farm outbuilding near Commanster in the Ardennes. Given its' condition, context and circumstances, my opinion is that it is unlikely to be a fake or postwar knife. However, the main thing which I didn't make clear in my original post is that the dealer-bought knife has a very faint ( almost invisible - I have enhanced the picture ) '5' lozenge marking and is, I believe, Luftwaffe issue. The 'barn find' knife is far too rusty to show any markings but is in every other respect identical to the other knife. It is known that Luftwaffe personnel fought as ground troops in the Ardennes.

I apologise if my original posting was poorly worded, but I hope my pictures show the differences on each side of the grips to which I was referring. ironically, the only knife I have with flush rivets on both sides is a known, post-war Czech fake.............

infanteriemesser 42

infanteriemesser 42

infanteriemesser 42

infanteriemesser 42

infanteriemesser 42

Hi, Martin,
    you´re showin´an Kampfmesser of the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe, not an Infanteriemesser 42.
    The Kampfmesser der Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe is showing "domed" rivets on one, single, side of the hilt, never, the Infanteriemesser 42 does !

I wish all of you mates a happy 2021 !

Best regards,
    R.

BTW, I´m not an "expert" regarding combat knives also !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast