Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Item knife

Article about: Hello Does somebody have more information about this item? Thanks

Default Item knife

Hello

Does somebody have more information about this item?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Item  knife  Item  knife  Item  knife  Item  knife  Item  knife  Item  knife 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Item  knife
    P
    Many

The pictures are small and cannot be enlarged but...

I believe this is a common type of sheath knife marked for the firm Puma. It is not military and this type of knife has been made for decades.

When I was in my early teens just about every boy (and some girls!) had a knife like this for fishing and general cutting bits of string, wood etc. I think it would be very difficult to date but I would expect it to originate during any of the first seven decades of the 20th Century.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I had one of those when I was a Boy Scout! Date sometime in the 1970's.

?

These "camping / scouting" knives date back to the early 30ths.
    Those period ones have scabbards with a metal strip at the tip marked with D.R.G.M.
    Thats the only way to date them as pre-war knives that i know, as they were even made (as stated above) till in the 70ths

Regards
    Ger

?

This site may be helpful in determining age.. Classic Puma Knives | A Community Resource for Puma Knife Collectors
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Item  knife   Item  knife  

Item  knife  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "