Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

kampfmesser up for review

Article about: guys i picked this one up and it seems correct. makers mark and proof marking look correct as well. this is my second one of these added to my collection. any opinions on this one? well used

Default kampfmesser up for review

guys i picked this one up and it seems correct. makers mark and proof marking look correct as well. this is my second one of these added to my collection. any opinions on this one? well used with a good sharpening, the handles do look a little dark, pins in handle are steel. makers mark reads foche AND THE FAKES I HAVE SEEN READ FOCHF....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kampfmesser up for review   kampfmesser up for review  

kampfmesser up for review   kampfmesser up for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kampfmesser up for review
    P
    Many

Default Reproduction.

Greetings Chuck,

Unfortunately, the posted example is a reproduction. Easiest explanation is the handle's diagonal cuts run in the opposite direction of the originals. Here's a great pinned thread discussing the repros of this knife. Sorry for the bad news.

FAKE ALERT: WW1 Gottieb Hammersfahr trench knife".

Best,

V/r Lance

Default Additional relevant post for your perusal.

And here's another post (post #28) here That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread on these knives, which I created before the other pinned thread I shared.

Best,

V/r Lance

Guys i screwed up and got this from another forum... I had another member point out it was bad... I didn't look it over very much. At first glance seemed legitimate.

Its funny because the link for the ww1 knives fake thread. .... The first knife in that thread is mine... One i got long ago.. I just realized it had been used as an example for comparison of good to bad

Should have familiarized myself with these again and took a refresher course on the item. I will have to send it back

Thanks for pointing it out militariaone

There's a lesson there Chuck. This forum's data base can save you money. A timely reminder that there are some convincing looking fakes of this type out there. Probably made in India.