Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself

Article about: Being in the process of making photo's the best possible way in the concept that Danny and I developed for our new Heer dagger book, I had Danny pointed out to me that be bought a lightbox t

?

Default Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself

Being in the process of making photo's the best possible way in the concept that Danny and I developed for our new Heer dagger book, I had Danny pointed out to me that be bought a lightbox to help him.
    Then a week after that Wolfegang (Wolfeknives) began shooting his pics also in a lightbox.
    It is very difficult to take pictures straight above the dagger, not moving and get no shades or at least less.
    On Danny's advise i googled a bit and came accross some sites that showed an easy and cheap way to make one yourself having spent less then 10 dollars.
    I took a cardboard box, cut out the sides and front, bought a cheap white cotton sheet and some white 200 gramms paper.
    The cut out sidewindows are covered with white sheets, also a flap on front to prevent direct light when you make pics from above
    I use natural light and flash from above, you can also put lamps on both sides, but they have to be the highes cold light like 6000K and above, cold blue would even be better, otherwise you get a very yellow background tone.
    Cut a hole for the cam with space for the flashlight and voila done!
    Here a few shots i made with it
    Regards,
    Ger
    Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself   Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself  

Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself   Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself  

Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself   Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself  

Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself  
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-26-2015 at 08:47 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself
    P
    Many

?

With the light setup you can easily shoot them in the evening, thats a great advantage!
    Lightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourselfLightbox a great help, making one for less then $ 10-- yourself

Wow so simple and so effective..Thanks Ger..this will be very useful for many
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well worth trying!...

MAP
    ?

I still have trouble with the lighting....sometimes it works well sometimes it doesn't. But I think it has more to do with the camera I use than the light box and lighting.

Nice set up. I like the idea of the hole on the top to steady the camera.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ger..what is the hole on the top for?

is it to allow a certain amount of natural light in?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That is where the cam is placed Larry for the top view pics😊

Great advice.

Thanks,

William

This is a great idea! So simple & so inexpensive, I can't wait to try it!

?

Good luck, it is easy to build and very cheap
    An Original with light setup can easily tip the 175-200 dollars range.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast