Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Miniature daggers

Article about: I had two in all those years of collecting, two WH daggers. Both are gone, and looking to get a new one now, to complete this little collection. And looking for a better LW, one. This one ha

Default Miniature daggers

I had two in all those years of collecting, two WH daggers.
    Both are gone, and looking to get a new one now, to complete this little collection.
    And looking for a better LW, one. This one has been in the war....and fixed (in a way...) to that stone.

One KM dagger is Imperial periode.
    And not sure the box, the TR periode KM dagger is in, would be genuine...

I particular like the forester dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Miniature daggers  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Miniature daggers
    P
    Many

Very nice minis! I like them! Also have an imperial KM one and like most the forestry also!

Nacho

Very nice. There's a long history back to Imperial times of these miniatures being made by the Solingen cutlers. Less about "salesmen samples" and more presentation pieces that displayed the maker's skill. Unfortunately the price they sell for is not miniature these days!

?

Hi Kris,

sorry to disturb the party, but they are not all period made.
    The DJS is a post war made one, having their origin in the 60s, these can be found with different logo's on exact the same fittings ( most common logo's are Eickhorn and Hörster)
    The only DJS mini that has period provenance is the Alcoso one, this one is published in advertisents and period catalogues.
    Here for example one like you have with mid 60s engravings.
    What you call an imperial one is in fact a Weimar one, and these can be found in various types of qualities, the one you show lacks quality and i doubt its period.
    The box doesnt belong to the KM mini, which stands a change of being original, but better pics have to be posted here.
    Unfortunate the Luftwaffe one has been damaged big time

Sorry M8, but it is what it is.

Best
    Ger
    Miniature daggersMiniature daggersMiniature daggers
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-14-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Speaking of miniature daggers and salesman samples, does anyone know if there ever were any SS miniature dagger made that are period?

?

Quote by DavidRF43 View Post
    Speaking of miniature daggers and salesman samples, does anyone know if there ever were any SS miniature dagger made that are period?
    No SS & SA miniature dagger were made pre 1945.
    They are all postwar.

The Nazi Party never aloud the production of any mini Sa or SS dagger.

Best
    Ger

Hey Gerrit,

sorry for the late reply, but I live in France now and traveling a lot. Having internet is luxury here! ;-)

Thanks for your input and information.
    Now you mentioned it, and when looking at the dagger more closely, I agree that the engraving doesn't have the quality one would expect on a time piece.
    I got it from the Chantrain collection recently sold by Militaria Auctions. It wasn't mentioned as a post war item.
    That doesn't mean I shouldn't had take better care.
    But what is done is done....
    And even if I knew, I would have probably bid on it still....most likely less.

Since the death of my wife I got a very different vision on life, that means on collecting too.
    The things I do and buy, doesn't make me happier, because the main reson to be happy is gone for me!
    But it keeps me bussy. And sets my mind on different toughts.
    It gave me also a different conotation to the saying; "buy the item , not the story"...
    So here I am with a item I like, but isn't what it is suposed to be.
    Even the so often used quote of John Keats "a thing of beauty is a joy for ever" doesn't mention it has to be genuine...And it apply's so much to my actual state of mind.
    Yes I know , I am stretching it.
    But this is what it is to me, a nice thing to have in the collection, even if it is fake.
    And I may replace it by a genuine one, some day if I come by one. But in the mean time, it will do.
    Just as the beaten up LW.
    ....Or not, because when I'll be gone, there is no body else but me, who I collected for....

cheers
    |<ris

?

Kris I going through some stuff in my life and what you just wrote hit home and brought tears to my eyes. Sorry about the lose of your wife

Thanks RH1941!
    Much appreciated.

cheers
    |<ris

?

Very sorry to hear that Kris, i wish you strenght so you can face the times ahead.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast