Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?

Article about: Hello, I need again your help. Is this dagger for state officials an original one? Best regards Kasper

?

Default Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?

Hello,

I need again your help.
    Is this dagger for state officials an original one?
    Best regards
    Kasper
    Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?
    P
    Many

The hilt and cross guard are rather poorly cast. I would suspect a repro. Blade may be genuine period made.

Hello Kasper..I agree with Anderson and this is supposed to be a Government officials dagger with the crossguard eagle head facing to the left.

It is rather poorly cast crossguard ....Can you show us the reverse side of the crossguard ? ( not in the scabbard ) please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello U2,

here is the revese side of the cross guard

?

cross guard does look a little rough - but the eagle is facing the proper direction on a Govt official dagger both eagles I.E grip and cross guard face the same direction on diplomats they face opposite directions. the blade is in backwards ,probably by mistake..
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Here is a better close up from reverse

?

New and better photos, what`s your oppinion?
    Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?

The one on Wittmann’s website looks very similar, if not worse..
    I’m not going to say either way because I’ve never handled one of these daggers. Here’s the one on Wittmann’s site:

Wittmann Antique Militaria #48522C Government Official Dagger - Alcoso

Maybe email Wittmann?

Regards
    Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?  

?

Hello. The daggers of government officials on display look like poorly made souvenirs. Personally, I would not want to have such a dagger in my collection especially at such a price. Good examples are even more expensive. I don't believe that the daggers of high-ranking diplomats and government officials are so badly made.
    The blade is reversed, the plastic parts of the grip do not match the wear of the dagger and the crossguard is poorly cast. I have no experience with these daggers, but this is my opinion and I see that it coincides with the opinions of more experienced collectors.
    Regards Georgi.

Have you taken the dagger apart to see if it has numbers stamped on the parts?
    It just came to me that Wittmann was showing the dagger tools he had manufactured on his latest video “Royal Purple” and he spoke about the Diplomatic / Government Official daggers.
    Here is the transcript of the video… Maybe it will help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?   Need help! Dagger for Government Official,.. original?  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast