Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Puma boot knife

Article about: Good afternoon all, I’ve owned this boot knife for a couple of years. My knowledge of German WW2 knives isn’t great and I suppose it was bought on a bit of a whim. I was expecting it to

?

Default Puma boot knife

Good afternoon all,

I’ve owned this boot knife for a couple of years. My knowledge of German WW2 knives isn’t great and I suppose it was bought on a bit of a whim. I was expecting it to feel much better in the hand. It doesn’t seem to have that feeling of quality I would have expected from a German made knife.
    I’d welcome any comments, good or bad, on this example. The scabbard has obviously been repainted and the frog is an unusual adaptation to say the least...
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma boot knife   Puma boot knife  

Puma boot knife   Puma boot knife  

Puma boot knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma boot knife
    P
    Many

An original, IMO.
    If the scabbard still has the clip, I would take off the rest of that stuff and return it to original.
    There is nothing wrong with the quality of these, remember, they were made during war time, and efficiency was a priority.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralf, that’s reassuring. Yes the clip is still there although it hasn’t got the cross hatching. The paint has been applied with the frog in place so would leave a bare patch if removed. Something to consider anyway.

The clips on these sheaths did not come with cross hatching.
    Here is my example to compare.
    Ralph.

Puma boot knife
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

That’s a lovely example. Mine has a different shaped clip which is turned over at the end.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma boot knife  

Quote by Danzig View Post
    That’s a lovely example. Mine has a different shaped clip which is turned over at the end.
    Thank you.
    Those are acceptable as well, still no cross hatching on these.
    Ralph.

?

Thanks Ralf. I’m glad I made the post, good to learn a bit more.