Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

puma fighting knife

Article about: Hi friends, I have a question for you, I listen to one discussion where people talk about this knife from World War II. my opinion is that the knife is not original, it seems too new to me a

?

Default puma fighting knife

Hi friends, I have a question for you, I listen to one discussion where people talk about this knife from World War II. my opinion is that the knife is not original, it seems too new to me although it should be about 75 years old, it bears no signs of aging in my opinion. please for any comments. Thank you in advancepuma fighting knifepuma fighting knifepuma fighting knifepuma fighting knifepuma fighting knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement puma fighting knife
    P
    Many

Condition has nothing to do with age.
    Some will tell you that this maker's mark is not from WW II, but others will tell you it is okay.
    You will have to judge by yourself.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Agree Ralph. Rare to find in this condition, but mint examples of any blade can surface and I would back this one. The grips are actually late war time Bakelite which I have never seen used in a fake. The stopper on the ricasso is also the composite material used in 1940's after leather became scarce.

?

gentlemen thank you for your answers. I still don't think the scrabard clip seems to me too wide and other shape than I could see. do you think it's okay?

There was some variation with scabbard clips. I suggest you use the WRF search function and review some earlier threads on Puma fighting knives and Infantriemesser 42

?

I have already done so but I have not found a similar one

I will compare the clip, and post photos of my example when I am at home.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The spring clip type evolved from the pre-war double catch to single catch that seems to have been simplified to make manufacturing easier. The type in Kekel's example is seen in other infanteriemesser 42 knives where the concave spring is flat spring steel with a rolled end. Here's a few other knives mated to various scabbard catches.

puma fighting knife

puma fighting knife

puma fighting knife

The other point I would make is that Puma may well have relied on sub contractors to supply scabbards during the war years and that could also account for some of the variation in spring clips.

Here is my example to compare.
    Ralph.

puma fighting knife
    puma fighting knife
    puma fighting knife

This three Puma knives of muy collection have scabbards wirh the same clip

puma fighting knife

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast