Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PUMA makers brand logo

Article about: The PUMA brand of Lauterjung & Sohne often is seen as a Puma head in profile facing right inside a diamond edge, with the words PUMA immediately below and inside the diamond. Immediately

Default PUMA makers brand logo

The PUMA brand of Lauterjung & Sohne often is seen as a Puma head in profile facing right inside a diamond edge, with the words "PUMA" immediately below and inside the diamond. Immediately under is "SOLINGEN"

My question is when did this form of the logo trademark start to be used? I'm trying to date a blade and wonder whether the logo evolved over time like the Eickhorn squirrel and therefore useful to date a piece.

I have noted PUMA still pretty much use the same logo today on new knives.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PUMA makers brand logo
    P
    Many

It is hard to tell without good sharp pictures of your blade. You just can't compare marker of two producers and think that they have same or similar evolution of marks, which can be dated.

Hi Anderson..I will dig into this tonight after work..Puma used quite a few logos..which sometimes data is hit or miss as Peter speaks of.
    Some Producer history is dated and some of the logo history is dated. I will check into this for you.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lauterjung ..Puma brand had 37 logo types......can you post a photo of the one you are studying to see a date for?

There are a few variants of the details you speak of....and what dagger type did you see it from?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It al depends on the type of dagger ..
    The army dagger has 3 different logo's
    But ive seen a lot more different ones on the hitleryouth knives.
    So please show us the blade
    Regards
    Ger