Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Questionable internet sales

Article about: i have started this post because there are lots of daggers for sale on the net that are fake or at least questionable. To prevent yourself its better to ask advise before buying. Even the bi

?

Default Questionable internet sales ***Post your questionable dagger here***

i have started this post because there are lots of daggers for sale on the net that are fake or at least questionable.
    To prevent yourself its better to ask advise before buying.
    Even the big dealers sometimes make mistakes or misjudge a dagger or sword.
    This post is not for bashing up Dealers, so please do not post links to dealers or websites.
    No name calling etc....please, just post pictures of the item in question and tell what your concerns are.
    I will start with this Heer dagger.
    At first sight a lovely heer, but looking closely at the blade, one can notice it has no crossgrain, the Laser etched logo AND laser etched Distributers mark are fake....
    I have post 2 Alcoso blades ( which Kuhl is known to distributed), look at the difference in style and font.
    Also look at the Logo, its thin etched and wear easily harms it.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable internet sales   Questionable internet sales  

Questionable internet sales   Questionable internet sales  

Last edited by gerrit; 03-10-2015 at 02:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable internet sales
    P
    Many

?

Here a few pics of 2 real etched Distributer marked blades by Alcoso ( both fitted with Alcoso 3th type crossguards.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

Also the questionable dagger seems to have those "swirls" in the scabbard pebbling like the old spainish repros, Cheers Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Also the questionable dagger seems to have those "swirls" in the scabbard pebbling like the old spainish repros, Cheers Paul
    Yep, sticks out like a sore thumb but only if you are looking at the hand in the first place!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

The dagger Ger shows clearly has a fake blade and scabbard. Here's the real Herder trademark compared to the fake one. The differences are obvious.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable internet sales  

?

Here's another example of a reproduction dagger that is currently offered for sale for the price of $ 3,350.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable internet sales   Questionable internet sales  

?

This one is priced at $12,250

luckily these can be spotted as fakes, sadly i think they are getting closer every time which makes me wonder how long before they get them exactly right??
    cheers Ronnie

?

Well, they have been trying for decades to get them exactly right and they still can't. Yes, the fakes are getting better but I'm not worried since it took them about 50 years to produce something that will only fool the inexperienced collector. If they can't do it right after 50 years, I would say it must be very, very hard to make a perfect fake One could also come to the conclusion it's (nearly) impossible...

Regards
    Danny
    Last edited by dr73; 03-10-2015 at 08:32 PM.

?

Here another one, how many mistakes can you make faking an Original dagger....pffffff......glad we have idiots like these fakers
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast