Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

R.A.D. Hewer opinions please

Article about: Apologizes for the poor photos . Thoughts on this hewer appreciated

Default R.A.D. Hewer opinions please

Apologizes for the poor photos . Thoughts on this hewer appreciatedR.A.D. Hewer opinions pleaseR.A.D. Hewer opinions pleaseR.A.D. Hewer opinions pleaseR.A.D. Hewer opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R.A.D. Hewer opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Hello ! The blade appears to have been cleaned up, I don't study these much but the majority of the makers have the triangle with the letters "RLAD" (the "L" being a mirror image) which stands for Reichsleitung des Arbeitsdienstes/Reichsarbeitsdienstleitung just above the makers mark, I believe that Alcoso was the exception and not the rule, as most if not all of the Hewers produced by this firm are devoid of this emblem, all in all, a nice period example of early workmanship especially the detailed scabbard, I would be interested in the opinions of Gerrit and Larry C, as they are the aficionado's of such pieces and may be able to properly address the Hewer in better detail, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture R.A.D. Hewer opinions please  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I am seeing a repainted scabbard and a blade that has been abrasively brushed over.

I agree also with Gwar that there should be the " Ges Gesch " RAD logo included.
    Im not familiar with seeing an Alcoso example and would wait for more thoughts.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Alcoso never had permission to produce for any branch of the NSDAP because of their owners non-arian status, as being a Jude.
    Therefore you see no branch proofmarks on RAD, only private sales aloud.
    Thats also the reason why the never had a production permit for SS or SA daggers.

Ger

Hello badger51, You are at the best place to learn from those who know the ins and outs! Sometimes the info can be a bit disappointing but don't be discouraged, It is always a great way to learn. .

Regards, Geoff