Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rad Opinions

Article about: Hello All, I just got an email from someone interested in parting with a well worn RAD Enlisted Hewer. The pictures are a bit rough as is the hewer. It appears that the trademark is Eickhorn

Default Rad Opinions

Hello All, I just got an email from someone interested in parting with a well worn RAD Enlisted Hewer. The pictures are a bit rough as is the hewer. It appears that the trademark is Eickhorn but Cannot be sure and the other side has what looks like numbers but doesn't seem right?? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated I have enclosed the photos for reference.

Thanks,
    Rad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad OpinionsG.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad Opinions
    P
    Many

moreRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad Opinions

Hi Geoff ...any chance of getting clearer photos ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Geoff,

im pretty sure that this hewer hasnt got the correct scabbard for an early oval Eickhorn, as it misses the typical eickhorn feature of an off set second pearl on the top scabbard fitting.

Ger

Thanks Guys, I was able to obtain a few more pics for evaluation and was hoping to get a better idea of what I am being offeredRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad OpinionsRad Opinions

?

Hello, I believe the 'Fu' is for Furth, Furth was one of the Bekleidungsamt (clothing / goods depot), my Hewer was marked Ma for Magdeburg, the secondary numbers may be for control purposes, here is a hewer scabbard with similar markings I once owned, if not too expensive it may be worth perusing, here are the Bekleidungsamt prefixes for future use if needed, G

RAD Bekleidungsamt Berlin (Bn) (located at Berlin No.55 Greifswalder Strasse 212/213)

RAD Bekleidungsamt Braunschweig (Br) (located at Braunschweig Pippelweig 1)

RAD Bekleidungsamt Furth (Fu) (located at Furth i. Bay.,Kurgarten Str.1)

RAD Bekleidungsamt Marburg/Lahn (M/L) (located at Barfusser Tor 1)

RAD Bekleidungsamt Salzburg (Sa) (located at Klessheimer Alle 35)

RAD Bekleidungsamt Frankfurt (F)

RAD Bekleidungsamt Magdeburg (Ma)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad Opinions  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rad Opinions 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you very much G. I have added that list to my documents! Ger. I don't know if the additional photos helped in any way but are you still of the opinion that the scabbard as seen here is incorrect for an Eickhorn piece? I am not very familiar with the " off set second pearl on the top scabbard fitting." was this "defect" on all Eikhorn Scabbards?
    Thank you Gentlemen,I really appreciate the help and comments!

Regards,Geoff

After doing some additional digging in the forum I found the very helpful illustration of the "Offset second pearl" a picture is worth 1000 words! I won't forget that ever again! I was wondering if this "Offset Pearl" was used in a particular production period or were there other variants made by Eickhorn that did not have the "Offset second pearl?"
    I just want to be able to make a fair offer without purchasing a "Parts Dagger" All help appreciated! I am not looking for a price just opinions on the scabbard

Thanks again for the help!
    Regards, Geoff

?

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    Thank you very much G. I have added that list to my documents! Ger. I don't know if the additional photos helped in any way but are you still of the opinion that the scabbard as seen here is incorrect for an Eickhorn piece? I am not very familiar with the " off set second pearl on the top scabbard fitting." was this "defect" on all Eikhorn Scabbards?
    Thank you Gentlemen,I really appreciate the help and comments!

Regards,Geoff
    Geoff a Eickhorn treat is the offset 2nd pearl, this is what i mean.

Regards
    Ger
    Rad Opinions

Thank you all very much! I was wondering if this "Offset Pearl" was used in a particular production period? or were there other variants of Eikhorn scabbards that did not have this Offset Pearl? made later down the line? I would just like to know if it would be considered a variation or a parts dagger in order to make (Or Not...) a Fair offer?
    Regards, Geoff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast