Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reputable OnLine Dealers in USA

Article about: Hi - i am new to this jungle and need some advice. I am starting to collect plain vanilla Heer, LW & KM officer daggers - none of the specialty type that would be for an advanced collect

?

Default Reputable OnLine Dealers in USA

Hi - i am new to this jungle and need some advice. I am starting to collect plain vanilla Heer, LW & KM officer daggers - none of the specialty type that would be for an advanced collector. All i hear about is fake this and fake that and what is wrong with this dagger and that dagger. I have several dagger research books (Tom Whittman's on the three types i am collecting) and have started looking at them.

My question is what online dealers are reputable and sell real, unaltered, righteous, German Officer Daggers in the USA (I don't want to deal with customs for international dealers). The only decent USA site that I have found is Tom Whittman's site. Can anyone else direct me to other US dealers that sell legit German Officer WW2 Daggers? Thanks for your time, ElSyd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reputable OnLine Dealers in USA
    P
    Many

?

Hello ElSyd,

I know that Paul at Lakeside Trader is a good, honest dealer of daggers. One name that has come up often by others asking the same question. He seems to mainly deal Heer daggers, more so than Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine models.
    Though it is still wise to run them by the guys on here.

Regards, Ben

JR from Meda Militaria is also good and honest man.

Meda Militaria
    -TJ-

Quote by Witt View Post
    Hello ElSyd,

I know that Paul at Lakeside Trader is a good, honest dealer of daggers. One name that has come up often by others asking the same question. He seems to mainly deal Heer daggers, more so than Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine models. Though it is still wise to run them by the guys on here.

Regards, Ben
    That is the way to go IMO. Even as we all have areas where we are strong, or areas where we are weak, that also applies to dealers. At different times I've seen a number of dealers who have had problems with complete fakes, partial fakes, unrealistic grading standards, bad (false) information etc. etc. (My point being that if certain items were brought up for disciussion that is where the item itself will supersede a reputation). Best Regards, Fred

Bill Shea of "The Ruptured Duck" is a great guy and has some great pieces.

Smitty

?

Thanks so much. Always helpful to learn from others. I usually find out the hard way and pay the tuition fee! How about Germania International?
    I've had good luck with Simpsons on Lugers - how are they on daggers - only interested in WW2 Heer, LW & KM daggers only. Too many other types for this feeble brain to get good at!

Keep them coming. I know Lakeside Trader is in Canada,. so i prefer not to deal with Customs. Canada sounds like they are having a few problems up there and I don't want my dagger to be in the middle of it! lol, ElSyd

I quickly watched SA daggers from Germania International, they look to be good ones, but this dealer do not have so good reputation. So if you want to buy something of him, you can ask opinion of the dagger from here.
    -TJ-

?

one advice, Elsyd, if you ask on GDC in a pm info on a dagger, then it would be no more then decent to at least read the F*&lk answer before putting questions here.

All dealers need to sell, all, so the good the bad and the ugly.
    They all make mistakes, some on purpose or not, who can tell.
    Study hard and make sure you beat them in knowledge, then your one the good side.
    Depending on othermans opinion can be a bit of a gamble.

Post daggers you want to buy before purchase..... can safe you some

Ger