Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife

Article about: Hello, a recent find out of the woodwork. While he had a WW2 RLB dagger from his uncle, he sold me the survival knife he carried on 180 bombing missions over North Vietnam as a pilot of an A

?

Default RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife

Hello, a recent find out of the woodwork. While he had a WW2 RLB dagger from his uncle, he sold me the survival knife he carried on 180 bombing missions over North Vietnam as a pilot of an A6 Intruder. I tried to talk him out of that one. Here are pics and some of his flight gear. Best, Bill Bourque
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife   RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife  

RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife   RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife  

RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife   RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife  

RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife
    P
    Many

Very interesting finds. The survival knife deserves a separate thread in Western Allies forum, edged weapons.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very interesting finds. The survival knife deserves a separate thread in Western Allies forum, edged weapons.
    I agree, there are not many variations and the OP survival knife has been modified but is another good example of period correct items.
    John

MAP
    ?

Nice! So he kept the RLB? But you got the survival knife!

All good stuff either way. I like the jackets as well
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi, no, I got the RLB also along with a NCO WW1 German plain jane sword. The pilot explained to me that the additional metal sleeve at the end of the sheath was applied by the machine shop on his carrier. This was needed because upon ejection the knife would rip thru the stitching. I also received free tickets to our carrier the Midway where he is a docent. My regret is I didn't get a pic of him holding the knife. Thanks for the comments. Best, Bill

MAP
    ?

Extra nice!!!! I just love that leather jacket (oh...did I say that already? LoL)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello, I agree on the jackets. I was fearful that he was going to offer them to me. I would have spent the rest of the afternoon talking him out of it. The Intruder patch with the wear is so desirable. Best, Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB EM dagger and A6 Intruder survival knife  

?

Sounds and looks like you got some nice stuff from him.
    The Midway tour should be a nice one. Went by it when we did the harbor tour next to it.
    One of these trips we'll go for it. A boat load of people doing it when we went there. Pun Intended!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hi, yes you should. It’s the best view of San Diego bay from both ends and the aircraft list is great. Best, Bill

?

There is an A 6 Intruder on the deck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast