Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Private Purchase Knife???????

Article about: Hi, A question please, I have been offered a trade on the weapon shown in the attached photos. It perportes to be the personal property of an officer in the SS and has been offered as such.

Default SS Private Purchase Knife???????

Hi, A question please, I have been offered a trade on the weapon shown in the attached photos. It perportes to be the personal property of an officer in the SS and has been offered as such. I am suspicious of SS gear in general and would request any opinions on this item in particular. What do you think please????? Appologies for the quality of the photos but they are all I have.
    Cheers and many thanks Michael R

SS Private Purchase Knife???????SS Private Purchase Knife???????SS Private Purchase Knife???????SS Private Purchase Knife???????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Private Purchase Knife???????
    P
    Many

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with the SS.

From what little I can see in the image it looks like a postwar fake using a modern font stamp set - and a sharpened screwdriver blade (?). Best Regards, Fred

?

Not hardly.
    To me it is worthless because of the spurious SS markings.

I have taken notice of the grip badge..which are a common site in older style pen knives.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Private Purchase Knife??????? 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That's a post war folding Jager (Hunting) knife by Herder I used to own one several years back probably dates to the 60's or so. Mine I think was Otello in a green leather sheath like this one. timothy

another stitchup.

Hi Guys, Thank you all for your comments!!! I guess that this is one to be avoided. As I said when I started this thread, I am suspicious of anything that has SS on it. And thanks to you, my sensebility seems to be born out.
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R