Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Store Dagger with Sachet of Silica Desiccant - Yes or No - Guidance please!

Article about: Good afternoon (UK time!), Is there any reason why I shouldn't put a sachet of silica desiccant in a dagger case together with the dagger during storage? My reasoning is that it'll absorb an

Default Store Dagger with Sachet of Silica Desiccant - Yes or No - Guidance please!

Good afternoon (UK time!),

Is there any reason why I shouldn't put a sachet of silica desiccant in a dagger case together with the dagger during storage?

My reasoning is that it'll absorb any damp in the air but a friend thinks it'll make everything too dry.

Please advise!

Chris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Store Dagger with Sachet of Silica Desiccant - Yes or No - Guidance please!
    P
    Many

I don't think it would do any harm?

I guess it depends what part of the world you are in?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have placed these sachets in with my daggers for many years. No problems.

I have one in each dagger zipper case ..it would only benefit it....the main worry of over drying is not from the desiccant...it does not have the ability to take out on a large scale the humidity in a room...that alone is left for the feature of a window airconditioning unit which is unregulated...it just takes out all the humidity ...making everything dry and cracking anything wooden.

But knives with wooden grips would have to be in a small room for that damage to happen..like a bedroom.

those tiny desiccant packets are a benefit

80 winters and summers theses knives endured weather changes..all of which there was some balance of moisture in the air..which allowed them to survive.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks very much for the feedback guys. I thought it wouldn't do any harm.

Many thanks, Chris.