Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Teno EM Hewer

Article about: Have always loved photographing the dress daggers and blades of the Third Reich. The Teno, RAD and Red Cross Hewers were such meaty and heavy pieces. Construction of them is something to cer

?

Default Teno EM Hewer

Have always loved photographing the dress daggers and blades of the Third Reich. The Teno, RAD and Red Cross Hewers were such meaty and heavy pieces. Construction of them is something to certainly appreciate when you have one in hand. Thought I would post some pictures of the Teno EM Hewer tonight. I have always liked this design, details and lines. Dagger therapy is always good with a cocktail or two on a cold night.

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Teno EM Hewer
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You certainly do take some of the best photos I've seen.

Lovely dagger.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    You certainly do take some of the best photos I've seen.

Lovely dagger.
    Thanks Michael. I think getting them in proper lighting is the key and even with an IPhone 10 camera you can get good results. Good therapy as I can hone in and zoom in on these pieces of history. Likely my favorite thing to do. I remember when I got this piece years ago. You see things that you might change as the designer. The tiny leather strap on leather frog that latches across the Hewer is usually broken from the button that secures it. When you first lift it you realize for the piece that was supposed to be used for function it was a design flaw. Leather strap is way too thin for the shear weight of this piece. When the Hewer shifted when wearer moved it popped that leather easily away from the metal tab it slipped over. Almost always broken.

Teno EM Hewer

?

Well not so cold down here, but a few Holiday cocktails are always good. Great looking Hewer. Is the '10002' numbering a serial or a Teno member?

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Well not so cold down here, but a few Holiday cocktails are always good. Great looking Hewer. Is the '10002' numbering a serial or a Teno member?
    Hey Brother,

Hope you are well down south. Been snowy and chilly here. The serial ‘10002’ as I understand it would have been from the Eickhorn Facility that produced the scabbard and Hewer so a production serial number for issue to the Teno EM. At least that is how I have always I understood it.

I did only a couple times over the years see the back of the frog marked with a number and TN. Wittmann has one on his site with a 114-TN which is likely a unit marking or his member number? I am not sure?

Teno EM Hewer

?

Teno EM Hewer

The TN Einsatzgruppen participated in the occupation of the Saar, Austria, Sudetenland, Poland and then in the Western Campaigns of 1940. Their purpose was to secure vital industries, prevent or repair sabotage, rebuild the infrastructure (bridges, power plants, drinking water facilities, wastewater facilities, etc.). TN units were taken into Luftwaffe (air force) service early on and other TN units into Heer service in mid-1941. Also, some TN units served in the Kriegsmarine (Navy), although it is poorly documented. Other TN units, under the control of the TN Headquarters, remained in service until the end of World War II.

You can see the TeNo or TN had its hands in many aspects during the Third Reich. Artifacts from this organization are very well made as the members were required to supply their own uniforms and accessories

?

I only have a few other Teno Related items which is a document grouping for Hermann Erlenbach.

Also a armband I was able to pick up from Bob Coleman many years ago shown also below.

Lastly A ‘TN’ cuff-title as well I picked up a few years ago.

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Teno EM Hewer

Excellent thread Kirk

Very Full of content ...little bit of everything

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,
    Congratulations, very beautiful piece ... thank you for sharing!

?

Top Notch !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "