Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TENO Hewer

Article about: hi! Here is a cleaver put up for auction..On another forum, our opinions were divided..A copy or the original? What do your colleagues think?

?

Default TENO Hewer

hi! Here is a cleaver put up for auction..On another forum, our opinions were divided..A copy or the original? What do colleagues think?

TENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO Hewer
    Last edited by ollar; 08-04-2020 at 12:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TENO Hewer
    P
    Many

?

the wing is not etched. the letters are dancing. beast without a bust. the slit in the scabbard
    to compare photos
    Attachment 1431669TENO HewerTENO Hewer
    Last edited by ollar; 08-04-2020 at 12:34 PM.

?

details

TENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO HewerTENO Hewer

?

colleagues! what is your opinion on originality?

I would as a fake Ollar, for all the reasons you highlight.

?

The weight of the item...similar to the weight of other cleavers of this model!any other opinions?

?

Good afternoon to all participants. My opinion is the original hewer. It has an irregular hole in the mouth of the scabbard. The marriage of etching, such moments are common. This defect on eagle is present both on TENO daggers and hewers.

?

Colleagues, I have attached various etching defects.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TENO Hewer   TENO Hewer  

TENO Hewer  

?

I have studied the Teno officer dagger for quite some time and i have seen small differences in etching, caused by most likely different etch sjablones and as we know over 10K are made and there will be sjablones giving some issues after being used for a while.

What i also noticed is the common plate lifting due to the fact that plating doesnt seem to hold very well on this potmetal base metal.
    Looking at officer Teno daggers there is a difference in weight between the originals and the copies.
    i will not publish the weight of an original for obvious reasons.

On this hewer i see some proper wear but i do miss the lifting, a good way would be to compare the weight of this one with other known originals, but please do not post the weights, only use PMs.

What would be also of interest would be to compare the inside logos of the gripplates.

Regards
    Ger

?

Great post Ger. I hope ollar, sent to you all info, including weight and internal pictures. He has it, and published on other forum. One small notice, my opinions, can't made weight on fake like original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast