Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trench knife marking

Article about: Hello all, Can somebody tell me what the meaning is of this stamp? I don’t know about these trench knives and their markings. The other pics the seller sent me are terribly blurry and not

Default Trench knife marking

Hello all,

Can somebody tell me what the meaning is of this stamp? I don’t know about these trench knives and their markings.

The other pics the seller sent me are terribly blurry and not worth posting. Handle has 3 brass pins and this eagle stamp. That’s all the markings I see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench knife marking  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench knife marking
    P
    Many

?

it is a LUFTWAFFE marking issuing stamp.

Quote by toot View Post
    it is a LUFTWAFFE marking issuing stamp.
    Agreed, a Luftwaffe waffenampt stamp.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I know pricing depends on a lot of factors... but... is asking $60.00 too much for one of these? There’s a little wear on the handle and maybe a little on the blade too. The scabbard has some paint loss.

Thanks,
    D

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    I know pricing depends on a lot of factors... but... is asking $60.00 too much for one of these? There’s a little wear on the handle and maybe a little on the blade too. The scabbard has some paint loss.

Thanks,
    D
    That's another question, any more photos?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

He hasn’t sent anymore photos yet... just a very blurry one. I’m embarrassed to even post it... but at least it will give you an idea until I get more. This is the best of the lot besides the initial one I’ve posted.

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    He hasn’t sent anymore photos yet... just a very blurry one. I’m embarrassed to even post it... but at least it will give you an idea until I get more. This is the best of the lot besides the initial one I’ve posted.
    I don't usually do prices but IMO, $60. is a good price for an original in used condition.
    Ralph.

Hi

there was never an air force office.

These acceptance marks belongs to the BAL = Bauaufsicht des Reichsluftfahrtsministerium (Construction Supervision of the Reich Aviation Ministry).

All types of stamps are specified in their regulations. The stamp on the knife stands for the arms approval of this authority.

My thanks to Sleepwalker for his addition to the discussion. If the pins are actually brass, then they are most likely replacements, and the grip itself uncertain and possibly a replacement as well. So some really good photos I think would be the next step. Best Regards, Fred

Thanks everyone for the replies. Thanks sleepwalker for the additional info on the approval stamp.

I’ve tried to get additional photos. The seller, I believe, is an older gentleman and not willing to take anymore pics. He said the photos he sent were the best he could take.

I may drive an hour this weekend and take a look if still available.

Thanks again everyone.
    D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast