Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to identify a dagger

Article about: The attached pictures are of an unknown dagger, that suggests the style of RAD daggers. It was aquired along with a HJ Armband that appears genuine. I'm not so sure about this dagger. I has

Default Trying to identify a dagger

The attached pictures are of an unknown dagger, that suggests the style of RAD daggers. It was aquired along with a HJ Armband that appears genuine. I'm not so sure about this dagger. I has no idea what the white material insert is in the handle. The eagles are more stylized than others I can compare it to, and the mark appears to be "HOLLER BERLIN" (terrible picture, and if it will help, can be retried), which may suggest an early post-war Spanish knock-off.Trying to identify a daggerTrying to identify a daggerTrying to identify a dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trying to identify a dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Trying to identify a dagger

Quite possibly a copy of a government officials dagger. Holler is a known maker of this type of dagger. A better photo of the maker's mark would be helpful in determining if it is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It is a bad fake and here is a link to one like it........Redirect Notice....

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Excellent, as I suspected. Just to be sure, here's the best I can do with the hallmark...three little tries.Trying to identify a daggerTrying to identify a daggerTrying to identify a dagger

?

Cheap copy as stated above, brushed blade, not a cross grained blade.

As soon as you said "Berlin" on the makers mark this condemed it as fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yea, that's what I figured with the Holler mark, Ade. I just wanted to know what it was supposed to be...given it seemed to be a knock-off of something. Thanks guys!