Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown bayonet. German?

Article about: I have had this bayonet since I was a kid. And I have always wondered what country exactly this is from.. It fits my K98 bayonet lug perfectly. and only has one area that has markings.

Default Unknown bayonet. German?

I have had this bayonet since I was a kid. And I have always wondered what country exactly this is from.. It fits my K98 bayonet lug perfectly. and only has one area that has markings.

Unknown bayonet. German?Unknown bayonet. German?Unknown bayonet. German?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown bayonet. German?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unknown bayonet. German?

It looks to be an FN 24 short export bayonet to me,with the muzzle ring removed....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown bayonet. German?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

This is a german export bayonet for Espania / Spain.

Regards

What is the deal with export bayonets? German made, but sent to allies? And what era is it? ww2? post-war or pre-war? Thanks!

Mike.

?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    This is a german export bayonet for Espania / Spain.

Regards
    What model would this be?.I didn`t know the German bayonet would have a slanted pommel....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Could it be Polish? can't tell by looking other than a slanted pommel what are the marks? However with serial no on pommel Sleepwalker may have called it export of some type. I don't know timothy

While I’ve seen an argument from a collector based in Spain that it was too impoverished after the Civil War there to purchase bayonets from Germany. I’ve also seen German made SG 84/98 bayonets that were presumably export models with polished steel blades and handles (not blued), no flash guards, and grips that are not slanted. With some having Spanish markings, and here and there specimens with identifiable Waffenamts underneath the grips. With the “FN” angle here IMO something of a question mark. With the image here showing a period original finish (twice) captured Lithuanian Fabrique Nationale M 24L bayonet that was a vet bring back that was mounted in a Luftwaffe frog with commensurate wear marks on the leather (different than a SG 84/98 with the M 24L a close but not exact copy of the Czech Vz 23 long). With the FN bayonets also having a unique type of machining/processing that is not seen with the German or CZ bayonets. Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown bayonet. German?  

This is a spanish Modell 1936. First delivered by german firms, some exits with maker marks. This models exist with and with removed muzzel ring.
    Later spanisch self made from the maker FNT (Fabrica National Toledo), will be called Modell 1936, too and Modell 44 for the spanish Airforce.

Spain also buyed Wz.29 from Poland.

There is no connection too CSZ exports to Lithuania and south america or FN exports to South america, south Africa or the Balkan.

Regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    There is no connection too CSZ exports to Lithuania and south america or FN exports to South america, south Africa or the Balkan.
    Lithuania got weapons imports from first CZ, but later on it was from FN, so both factories/countries were suppliers. And it's agreed that there was no connection (intended), as the captured by the Germans and then the U.S. - clone of the CZ rifle bayonet by FN that was posted was to point out that the neither it or the CZ version could be confused with the bayonet that was the thread starter. With the intended emphasis on FN which had been suggested. Also noting the somewhat wider than usual ricasso, and the use of of bolts instead of screws to hold the wood grips in place, which is not really typical of early TR period (or Weimar) for German military pattern production.

And sometimes various items get ‘collectors labels’ as the Model this or the Model that. So I am curious to know if Spanish sources used the Model 1936 as an official designation? With the Spanish as prolific users of the M 1893 Mauser rifles/carbines, apparently first acquiring the large ring German Mauser M 1933 Standard Modell short rifles shortly before, and presumably also during their Civil War. Which is what would have required either a removed or low mounted muzzle ring. Regards, Fred

The Vz23 and FN 24 vor the Lithuania are well know, also by the germans in WWII, this model is listed in the "Kennbläter fremden Geräts". But this models are differnet and without any connection to the supply tp Spain...

The Germans produced what the purchaser wanted... the bayonets for example to Chile, Argentina etc. are untypical German, too.

The Model is called 1936. First delivered from Germany, like the S 84/98 too, but with muzzle ring.

This type you can also find with maker marks of E&F Hörster Solingen.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast