Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 or ww2

Article about: Hello Some 20 years ago I purchased this knife. I though it's WW1 commercial private purchase knife. This knife was used in both world wars I think, but what's the difference. Is there any m

?

Default ww1 or ww2

Hello

Some 20 years ago I purchased this knife. I though it's WW1 commercial private purchase knife. This knife was used in both world wars I think, but what's the difference. Is there any mean to tell is it ww1 or ww2?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 or ww2   ww1 or ww2  

ww1 or ww2   ww1 or ww2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 or ww2
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww1 or ww2

Hi there

The design is from the First World War. Some may still have been used in the Second but I don't think they were officially issued by then.

The small marking with the crown is a military inspection stamp which would suggest official issue.

You should be aware that this model is probably the most highly reproduced German knife - still being made today !

Hope this helps a little.

Regards

Richie

?

Richie B has already explained it all... A beautifull WW1 trench knife it is...

Adler

?

Thank you Richie B and Adler

But is there any mean to tell if it's repro or not. The condition of the knife is good if I understand right. I did bought it from the very respected collectors assosiations auction witch is nonprofit by nature. So the value or if it is or isn't original is based on trust or probability, or is there any another way to tell?
    I dodn't pay very much for it (in todays money value anyway)

Sorry my english.

?

It's 100 % original for sure Kala.
    Just like with other militaria, it's a must to be well documented and to study the things you want to collect before purchasing them.
    How to see that this one is an original... It's exactly the same as all the other originals I've seen... It's all in the details...

Adler

It looks fine to me too, a good WW1 era peice.

Cheers, Ade.

?

fantastic condition , congratulations on a very nice example
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hi Kala,
    great condition as Adler has stated 100% original, great to see it still has its belt loop and press stud handle keeper...and still has its acceptance mark and makers name, usually these are missing, as the blades have often been over sharpened, i guess its the nature of their use, they have to be sharp...

?

Thank you very mutch for your positive feedback. More because it comes from very distinguish experts like you.
    P.S. In the other hand, I would be very suprised if it was't original because the source where I got it. But Your comments really make my day.

Cheers
    Kala