Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

X-Ray photo's of german daggers!

Article about: I have something very interesting today for u guys. A friend of mine has a X-ray machine and we took some photo's of the standard German daggers. Also a photo comparing a real and fake LW 2n

Cool X-Ray photo's of german daggers!

I have something very interesting today for u guys. A friend of mine has a X-ray machine and we took some photo's of the standard German daggers.
    Also a photo comparing a real and fake LW 2nd model dagger. Take a look at the Wehrmacht portepee inside, there is a metal wire. Very fun project!
    Enjoi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture X-Ray photo's of german daggers!   X-Ray photo's of german daggers!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement X-Ray photo's of german daggers!
    P
    Many

Interesting to see that the fake only has a half tang and the others don't. Maybe a very strong magnet might help identify fakes out at the militaria shows, especially for those who are not experts, but then again, at the prices they command, people should know what to look for anyway. Nice pictures BTW.

Exellent just for fun here's an X-ray of my HJ knive hilt showing the fitting of the badge.

Quote by BladeLover View Post
    I have something very interesting today for u guys. A friend of mine has a X-ray machine and we took some photo's of the standard German daggers.
    Also a photo comparing a real and fake LW 2nd model dagger. Take a look at the Wehrmacht portepee inside, there is a metal wire. Very fun project!
    Enjoi
    They are very, very, interesting. Thank You for posting them. Best Regards, Fred

That is awesome!

?

Thank you BL,
    Not something anybody gets to see very often.

That is a Great one Paul!!!
    Thank you

Semper Fi
    Phil

This is a great way to check bayonets with grip emblems for correct pins. Very interesting to see the insides of these daggers, thanks for sharing.