Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcome

Article about: Hello! This is way out of my normal collecting area, so I hope someone can help me one this gorget. The plate is magnetic. It yellow parts glow in the dark. One of the metal "connectors

Default Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcome

Hello!

This is way out of my normal collecting area, so I hope someone can help me one this gorget.

The plate is magnetic.
    It yellow parts glow in the dark.
    One of the metal "connectors" on the back is broken off and the left one is bent upwards. You can see were the original bend was.

Is has some grease stains under the "Feldgen"-letters, but this is not glue. The motto is connected by small pins to the metal plate, but it's hard to get a good photo of it.
    It measures 16,5 * 7,5 cm.

I'm happy for all input on this gorget.
    Thank you.

Regards,
    MrMiler

Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcomeFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcome

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions welcome
    P
    Many

It looks original to me, I do not believe the cardboard back versions were faked, I know some cloth backed versions were, the detail to the eagle and wreath look spot on, a decent example shame about the back clips but still ok.. I have been looking for one let me know if your interested in selling.

Thank you for your reply.
    The left back clip may be bent upwards to easy remove the gorget. Instead of pulling it over the head (and helmet) one could just hook of the chain. A theory at least. Hard to say.

?

How many links are attached to this item.. ? My main concern is the "Eagle" so "Low" to the "Sash" or "Ribbon".. I believe that this might have a chance.. Just nothing I have seen before... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

It's fine!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If you count the "square" connectorlinks holding the "round" links together, there are 41 "square" links. It´s the same number as I have found on every original on lakeside and wittmann.