Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help on Schutzpolizei des Reichs Patch

Article about: Hello all, Had this pop up today with a couple of other items and just wanted to get some comments or opinions it looks pretty darn fresh and a bit out of my area If I understand correctly t

Default Help on Schutzpolizei des Reichs Patch

Hello all, Had this pop up today with a couple of other items and just wanted to get some comments or opinions it looks pretty darn fresh and a bit out of my area
    If I understand correctly the city named pieces are a bit earlier than the one without the city???

Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Schutzpolizei des Reichs Patch   Help on Schutzpolizei des Reichs Patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Schutzpolizei des Reichs Patch
    P
    Many

I was also curious as to how these type patches were packaged did they come in paper envelopes like medals or in a box of multiple pieces I realize there are many fakes out there I just don't know much about police items and have seen "New Old Stock " Items for sale and justwasn't sure of the "Telltale" signs of the repros. I have passed on several due to odd eye positions only to find out that is a rather common occurrence. This particular patch does not react to Blacklight All help or comments appreciated.

Thanks,G.

Geoff

This is a tricky one. At first glance it looks like an ok, well preserved SchuPo eagle, but there are a couple of red flags which have me concerned about it. I am by no means an authority on these so my word shouldn't be taken as gospel. But I'll try my best.

Firstly, it's always concerning to see on the back of an insignia that there is another patch of fabric glued over the embroidery. Yes, there are authentic sleeve eagles which have this however, it is also a tactic used by modern day fakers.

Secondly, this eagle is very similar in style to what is known as "the famous repro", I attach a link to a great thread written by Bill Unland on the subject. He is one of the most knowledgeable guys I know in relation to Police uniform items.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Third, along the top line of the right hand wing, there are 3 diagonal lines which is a well known sign of a particular maker of fakes.

The more I look at your eagle, the more I recognise of it in relation to the most common of reproductions.

I would steer clear of it for sure.

Hope that helps a little. If you need anything else please feel free to PM me.

Jamie