Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hilfspolizei Armband identification assistance needed..

Article about: Greetings everyone.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my Forum Family members. Needing some assistance with a Hilfspolizei armband that is being worn. I am helping a member on another f

Default Hilfspolizei Armband identification assistance needed..

Greetings everyone..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my Forum Family members.

Needing some assistance with a Hilfspolizei armband that is being worn.

I am helping a member on another forum who has some negatives and this one has me stumped in regards to the printing above the HILFSPOLIZEI lettering.

These are the clearest images that we have so if anyone could help with the lettering I would be grateful. This may not be an official HILFSPOLIZEI armband but more of a local armband but we don't seem to know what region this may have come from.

Let me know what you all think as I am drawing a blank at the moment, all thoughts and comments are most welcome.

The person requesting assistance also has several other images that he is posting on the other forum and he has given me permission to take the images and post them here to get more exposure and a possible ID on location and other information..

Looked through both volumes of Angolia and Taylor's German Police books as well as Littlejohn's "Defending the Reich" for images of HILFSPOLIZEI armbands but no luck..

Thanks again folks

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hilfspolizei Armband identification assistance needed..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hilfspolizei Armband identification assistance needed..
    P
    Many

It's a pity the writing becomes so blurred.

'Einsatztrup' seem to be the first letters which can be made out. However, after the last p there should be another which would make Einsatztrupp ie Task Force. But the letter actually looks like a g but of course this could be the distortion of the lens and also the processing of the photograph.

And then it becomes difficult. My best guess is that there are 6 characters after Einsatztrup, being, gda??? The 'a' looks like it has a mark above it similar to an umlaut or perhaps some Eastern European character which gives a similar meaning to that letter. If there was an Eastern European connection then that may explain the mis-spelling of Einsatztrupp, but that is purely a theory.

Hope you have luck finding out, I would be interested in hearing of the final solution (poor choice of words lol).

Jamie

Hi there.

As Jamie says, it’s a pity the text becomes blurred.

My best guess would be Einsatztruppführer.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hey everyone,

Happy New Year..

We were able to figure out the wording...

"Einsatztruppführer Hilfspolizei"

I will post more later.. I'm out the door to work right now..

Smitty

Great stuff, at least I got the umlaut correct at the other end haha.

Jamie

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Great stuff, at least I got the umlaut correct at the other end haha.

Jamie
    A team effort Jamie. Your observation of the umlaut steered us in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 01-04-2022 at 08:08 PM.

Thank you again Will and Jamie for the combined efforts and assistance in helping to identify this armband. I have scoured books and other images but could not find another of its type. The armband may have been a local made armband and what is also interesting that was brought to my attention is that the armband is being worn over a regular NSDAP Party armband..

Here is some backstory on the photo:

This was an image that was on a roll of film that a collector on another forum had obtained along with some other German items, presumably some bring back items. With that said he has posted some of the other images on the other forum in hopes that someone may be able to identify a building to narrow down the location of some of the images. (I will post another photo in the paper and photos section) in hopes that someone may identify that building in the background and possibly narrow down the search.

The image of the woman and boy in the picture above is seen in a few others that were on the roll of film which leads us to believe that it was a family?

Again, many thanks for the information and I have already let the other member on the other forum know and he was grateful for all the follow-up information.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty