Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OR's Polizei Visor Cap help

Article about: Hello everyone I'm new to collecting polizei items but I would like to start off strong with a visor cap. I have the opportunity to buy a OR visor cap from a reputable militaria dealer here

Default OR's Polizei Visor Cap help

Hello everyone I'm new to collecting polizei items but I would like to start off strong with a visor cap. I have the opportunity to buy a OR visor cap from a reputable militaria dealer here in Ontario Canada. Unfortunately due to copyright I cannot post photos of the cap in question here. It can be found on their website here: Military Antiques Toronto

What I want to know is: Is there anything particular I should look out for when looking for polizei caps as apposed to, say, army caps? I trust the dealer but I just want to make sure before I drop $700 CAD on it (I feel it's a fair price in Canada)

Thank you for any guidance you can give me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OR's Polizei Visor Cap help
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

From the photos it looks like the sweat band is loose.
    The Collectors Guild sold a repaired Officers example for less, but it was repaired.

Yes I handled the cap in person and the sweatband is very loose. Is The Collectors Guild Canada based?

OR's Polizei Visor Cap helpOR's Polizei Visor Cap helpOR's Polizei Visor Cap help
    OR's Polizei Visor Cap help

Here are the sellers images of the cap. I only post them as I want to have images for the sake of the discussion. IMO it is original. It too may have had some restoration, replaced insignia, chinstrap etc nothing major. However it looks like there is a fairly large puncture at the peak of the fabric on the top of the cap?. The condition is very rough for the price imo. Also yes the collectors guild is in Canada. Best regards.

Brian

Thank you very much Brian. What would you pay for this cap?

No problem it's really tough to say. I think the best way to analyze what to pay for an item, is to consider what you yourself could sell it for. Eventually you will want to upgrade I'm sure. But some people like items sweaty as this cap is. IMO $450 usd would be the ceiling, but that's just my gut speaking as I don't know what market value would be in Canada. P.S the observations I mentioned earlier are based on the fact that there are pebbled chin cord buttons which you would find on an officers cap that would of had sIlver bullion chin cord, not leather. The roundel has alot of patina which would lead me to believe it's original to the cap, whereas the eagle insignia looks much newer by comparison. Just my two cents. Best regards.

Brian

Also here's a link to the one Chris had mentioned earlier

The Collector's Guild

Thanks you've been very helpful. Yes we pay higher prices for most things here in Canada and militaria is no exception. I had overlooked the buttons so that is an interesting point. Is it possible that this cap was re-purposed from an officer cap to a lower rank during the war or do you think it is just the result of postwar piecing together of parts?

I would say it's postwar. Funny as it often goes the other way people taking an EM cap and putting an officers chin cord on it but I guess it was just what was convenient at the time. In any event it's not correct. Looking at the CG example and the price it brought even with the repairs I would say it's a better deal and therefore I would wait for a nicer example if it were me. Just my opinion of course. Kindest regards.

Brian

CBH
    ?

Yes the Collectors Guild is in Canada, so is Lakeside Traders but both list items in US $.
    I also agree with Brian's assessment of the hat.

Thanks guys I'm still new to collecting and I've had a hard time finding dealers in Canada. I started my collection off with civilian memorabilia (vehicle pennant and printed armband) and would like to start collecting police; especially ordnungspolizei gendarmarie items. If you know of any oher reputable dealers in Canada I would appreciate that

- - ------- - -

OR's Polizei Visor Cap help My first items

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast