Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Cap badge

Article about: Good day, Is this Police Cap badge genuine?

?

Default Police Cap badge

Good day,
    Is this Police Cap badge genuine?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Cap badge   Police Cap badge  

Police Cap badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Cap badge
    P
    Many

Absolutely original

It is for police officers...

?

A nice original!

Regards, Tobias

?

Thank you very much.
    Regards from Lithuania.

?

I have seen a few of the two piece eagles on EM visors. Might be a extra cost upgrade. You seldom ever see these eagles.

Quote by kirby View Post
    I have seen a few of the two piece eagles on EM visors. Might be a extra cost upgrade. You seldom ever see these eagles.
    The two piece was the 1st type this is a 2nd type EM badge by Rudolf Reich. I believe that maker lost the licence before the war began.

Whilst not the most common TR badge they are not particularly rare either.

It's a nice piece in good condition

Here are some of mine;

1. Officers 1st patt plated brass. 2. Officers 2nd patt plated and frosted brass. 3 EM aluminium.

Regards

Mark

PS Yours is maker and RZM marked. Not all were especially during the war years
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Cap badge   Police Cap badge  

Police Cap badge   Police Cap badge  

Police Cap badge   Police Cap badge  

Last edited by Watchdog; 09-07-2021 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

The wreath and the eagle are individual parts. This is why I call it a two piece.

Quote by kirby View Post
    The wreath and the eagle are individual parts. This is why I call it a two piece.
    Correct.
    In my reverse picture of the officers 1st type it is clearly visible that there are two short prongs or tabs on the rear or the eagle which are bent over the edge of the wreath and soldered into position holding the eagle firmly against the wreath.

This would have involved at least three more manufacturing processes (stamping two seperate parts, attaching prongs to the eagle then fitting and soldering together of the eagle and wreath) than is the case with a one piece stamping. It's easy to see why the change occurred when the eventual increase in demand came about. Cheaper, more efficient and a lot quicker!

The first pattern is aesthetically pleasing but purely from a design point of view the 2nd pattern is better proportioned.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-08-2021 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."