Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Police Gorget by Assmann...what would one expect to pay....

Article about: All original but condition wise not so good.

?

Default Police Gorget by Assmann...what would one expect to pay....

All original but condition wise not so good. Police Gorget by Assmann...what would one expect to pay....Police Gorget by Assmann...what would one expect to pay....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Gorget by Assmann...what would one expect to pay....
    P
    Many

?

Pretty bad / condition and lacking the Damascus chain links.. The felt IMO should have had a cardboard type backing in some instances, and Does the item still retain some of the luminescent properties ? If I may ask.. What is the going price... I have had a few of these... The last one I had was traded to Paul Hogle at Lakeside Traders for other interests of mine...G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I have been out looking around for one of these, this one looks rough but original, a complete nice example with chain goes anywhere from 800-1000+ so maybe half that.

?

Maximus,

This one still glows quite brightly. Maybe even more if it were cleaned but I'm leaving it as is. This was brought back from Italy by my friends grandfather. It has been sitting in the attic forever and it appears the insects ate away most of the backing. It's a shame the chain is missing! I was kind of thinking the same price wise. I looked all over but I couldn't find a matching one missing the chain anywhere out there. Thanks for chiming in!

?

I must have mis-understood.. I thought you were thinking about buying this item.
    I have seen the "Chains" for these separately but it IMO would be cost prohibitive..
    Yes, These go for roughly about $1000.00 up to $1200.00 in fair condition in some instances... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks guys...he wants to sell the piece and I was looking for a fair figure for him.

?

A nice original Assmann Feldgendarmerie gorget without chain in otherwise good condition just sold on the Centurion Militaria site for £165.

?

Horrible how the international dealers have increased the prices of these items.