Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polizei Stick Pin Help Please

Article about: I am on the fence as to period production or reproduction. Details look good to to me but I was not able to find many to compare to. I think I saw a similar pin on two forums, one saying ori

Default Polizei Stick Pin Help Please

I am on the fence as to period production or reproduction. Details look good to to me but I was not able to find many to compare to. I think I saw a similar pin on two forums, one saying original and one saying reproduction. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

Polizei Stick Pin Help PleasePolizei Stick Pin Help PleasePolizei Stick Pin Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Stick Pin Help Please
    P
    Many

Trying to add better pics.
    John

Polizei Stick Pin Help PleasePolizei Stick Pin Help Please

?

Just my two cents, most period pins have a knurling on them, not all, most, and there is a lack of RZM licensure, again, just my opinion, G
    Photo credit: Aldo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Stick Pin Help Please  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Any additional opinions before it is relegated to the junk pile?
    John

?

It's a tough one John. All of my stickpins from the era have a knurled pin except for the skull pins and certain swastika pins. Most likely because they are early pre war stickpins. I would expect a TR Polizei pin to conform to the knurled pin construction. The pin looks detailed but somehow it looks "off" to me. I don't actually have one in my collection to compare it to. The images in the reference book are sub par and do not show the shaft of the pin. I wish I could give you definitive answer. Put it off to the side as an undecided until something else surfaces.

Regards, Al

?

John, as I looked at the last picture again I thought I could see some light swirls around the shaft. Is that correct or just tarnishing? If so then I would be comfortable with it as authentic. The knurled pins are not always so deeply grooved but subtle sometimes like the the GAB on the right or the Spange on the right. Sometimes they are even more subdued

As I was looking through my pin case I realized I do have a small Polizei pin 11mm and it has the very subtle grooves I was referring to.

Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

FWIW I see the light knurling on the pin
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a few pins that have the light spiraling on the pin.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I even have an IAB where the pin has light spiraling.
    And, this one is not actually "spiraling" as the groove is not continuous.
    It almost appears to be some form of "teeth" marks maybe from a feeding tool.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Knew I had one of these somewhere, just had to dig it out.

Possibly a different maker, given the slight variation in design of the eagle however, the light grooves in the pin are the same.

Polizei Stick Pin Help Please Polizei Stick Pin Help Please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast