Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Schutzpolizei Wachtmeister Uniform

Article about: I'm proud to have received my first German uniform after so many years of collecting. I always avoided uniforms because of the space constraints but I felt the need to make room for this one

Beautiful !! Looks best paired with the visor IMO. Wish you were my neighbor Al. Think of the fun.
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzpolizei Wachtmeister Uniform
    P
    Many

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Beautiful !! Looks best paired with the visor IMO. Wish you were my neighbor Al. Think of the fun.
    D.
    I agree, it's currently set up with the visor. It truly was fun dragging everything out into the yard for photo's. Bringing it back in, not so much. Soon the leaves will be down and it'll be harder to do large scale photo shoots without the neighbors calling Homeland Security on me.

On a serious note. These police tunics are very common. But finding one that is not "moth eaten" is a tough task. The moths seem to love this wool more than other tunics. What is good about them also is most examples have not been post war messed with. Normally the insignia is original period application. Makes them easy to buy.

Al...your house or mine ??
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutzpolizei Wachtmeister Uniform   Schutzpolizei Wachtmeister Uniform  

?

I have to agree , That looks beautiful. I really like the headgear ensemble!!
    Great collection of Polizei items Al.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    On a serious note. These police tunics are very common. But finding one that is not "moth eaten" is a tough task. The moths seem to love this wool more than other tunics. What is good about them also is most examples have not been post war messed with. Normally the insignia is original period application. Makes them easy to buy.

Al...your house or mine ??
    D.
    Man those are beautiful ! I'm coming over. Time to get an upgraded model.

BTW, the wool on this uniform is so heavy and itchy it's a wonder anyone could bear it for any period of time. It would take a super larva to munch through that thick wool.

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I have to agree , That looks beautiful. I really like the headgear ensemble!!
    Great collection of Polizei items Al.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil, as with everything I collect except for the skulls and Spanish stuff, the collection happens quite by accident. One day I turn around and I realize I have so much Polizei items simply because I like them. There is nothing methodical in my collecting except those damn skulls.

Great uniform addition Aldo. Great hats and lids also. Congrats!!!
    John

Quote by aldo View Post

thanks phil, as with everything i collect except for the skulls and spanish stuff, the collection happens quite by accident. One day i turn around and i realize i have so much polizei items simply because i like them. There is nothing methodical in my collecting except those damn skulls.
    "sir skull"
    D.

LOVE it!!
    I think I was spot on when I guessed it was 42-43 issue
    Absolutely stunner uniform.. one to be proud of my friend.
    Really enjoyed all of your great pictures.. Thank you for showing all these wonders..
    And what a great uniform for the first in your collection.
    Looks great with the visor
    Congrats!

?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    LOVE it!!
    I think I was spot on when I guessed it was 42-43 issue
    Absolutely stunner uniform.. one to be proud of my friend.
    Really enjoyed all of your great pictures.. Thank you for showing all these wonders..
    And what a great uniform for the first in your collection.
    Looks great with the visor
    Congrats!
    Yes you were spot on just by looking at the uniform with no stamps visible at the time! Thanks for the help setting this up.

Cheers, Al

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast