Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tschako 3.Reich Polizei

Article about: Hi to all I have a question about my Tschako. Of course, I got acquainted with this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deuts...tschako-15574/ There are different opinions about the perio

Default Tschako 3.Reich Polizei

Hi to all
    I have a question about my Tschako.
    Of course, I got acquainted with this thread:
    Polizei Tschako
    There are different opinions about the period of use, can I boldly have these tschako's in the set with the uniform of a policeman from the period of the 3rd Reich, does it not conflict with each other?
    Thank you in advance for all answers
    Regards
    Stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tschako 3.Reich Polizei   Tschako 3.Reich Polizei  

Tschako 3.Reich Polizei   Tschako 3.Reich Polizei  

Tschako 3.Reich Polizei  
    Last edited by Skalski; 02-20-2022 at 08:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tschako 3.Reich Polizei
    P
    Many

Hi Stan, I am pleased you looked up the old thread.

I would regard these black ones as best used for a display for pre Third Reich or for post war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the answer
    Here is an interesting photo, a good proof of the use of these tschako's in the Third Reich.
    Regards
    Stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tschako 3.Reich Polizei  
    Last edited by Skalski; 02-04-2022 at 04:42 PM.

Photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tschako 3.Reich Polizei  

?

I thought there was an association with these black Tschako's and the Berlin Police during the TR, perhaps I'm wrong. Certainly they existed pre TR and then modified for use with new insignia. Often times I see post war models doctored up to look like TR era. Usually those are easy to spot based on their newer condition.
    Regards, Al

Hi,
    Yes, you are right, often a converted shako can be recognized by their state of preservation.
    A few hours of searching on the web and I found this photo, look how nicely you can see the reflected light reflexes from the shako, the material would not reflect it as much as you can also see in this photo.
    Regards
    Stan

?

I think this is a tschako for reservisten der schutzpolizei, look behind the liner and you will probably find the year it was made.
    In 1945 they took off the eagle and put on the the local police badge.

I have come across this thread purely by accident after I was searching for something else.

The Tschako is correct for the Third Reich era with the eagle plate as it was worn from approximately 1934-36 onwards after the reorganisation of the police by Himmler. The old blue Weimar uniforms were worn by the reserve or auxiliary Third Reich police but eventually with Third Reich insignia, including the change of Tschako plate from a Weimar one to a TR one. I have numerous photographic examples of this, including the one as posted above.

Another fact is that the reservists served during the war well into their 60’s due to the lack of younger manpower, so any reenactor in their 60’s, for instance, who wants to accurately portray something reflecting their true age would do well to acquire one of these uniforms.

Default Black Tschakos.

I have several photos of this type of Tschako and I am trying to add two colourised ones here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tschako 3.Reich Polizei   Tschako 3.Reich Polizei