Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction

Article about: Hello everyone. Here is one of the finds that I was looking for a while to acquire and finally I may have a chance. Im not really sure if this is a real or reproduction. These are little cos

Leo
    ?

Default 27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction

Hello everyone. Here is one of the finds that I was looking for a while to acquire and finally I may have a chance. Im not really sure if this is a real or reproduction. These are little costly so want to make sure if it is real. Eagle is exactly 27 1/4" wide by 13 7/8" tall. I do not have precise weiths but It is around 1.5 kg heavy (3lbs). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance. Leo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction   27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction  

27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction   27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction  

27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction   27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction  

Last edited by Leo; 01-31-2021 at 05:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction
    P
    Many

I am not able to comment on originality but not something I would own due to the condition. The ageing does not look legit to me. One mounting looks cut, the other looks sawed and the other is missing.
    John

?

Period 3rd Reich eagle, with some neat character!

raz
    ?

I agree with Mr. Meda . Nice eagle with character . If you like it and the price is right for you , congratulations .

Leo
    ?

It also has a little dent to the wing with the hole and some nicks above the wing as well but I do not mind heaving it there at all. I actually do like more imperfect things with some character as most of my ww2 pieces in my collection. I added a few more picks from different day light. Thank you again for all the replies, I greatly appreciate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction   27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction  

27" Rail Road Boxcar Eagle Original or Reproduction  

Dos
    ?

Just a question from me here. Since most objects made in the TR are from high quality. Are those casting surface imperfections that are on this piece not on a point that it should have been rejected? Or is this normal for these Reichsbahn Adler?

Thank you for sharing,

-Dos

raz
    ?

You are looking at high resolution pictures of a close up . IMO it is good even with the mynute pin holes that the new pictures show .

?

Quote by Dos View Post
    Just a question from me here. Since most objects made in the TR are from high quality. Are those casting surface imperfections that are on this piece not on a point that it should have been rejected? Or is this normal for these Reichsbahn Adler?

Thank you for sharing,

-Dos
    I agree, it does look questionable / cast IMO compared to a few other threads, again JMO.. G

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Dos
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    You are looking at high resolution pictures of a close up . IMO it is good even with the mynute pin holes that the new pictures show .
    Don't get me wrong Raz. I dont posess any knowledge on these Reichsbahn Adlers. It just seems weird to have such many imperfections on something that would have been seen by a lot of people at the time. Hence my question. The standards were kept high in those times of the Third Reich..

-Dos

?

Quote by Dos View Post
    Don't get me wrong Raz. I dont posess any knowledge on these Reichsbahn Adlers. It just seems weird to have such many imperfections on something that would have been seen by a lot of people at the time. Hence my question. The standards were kept high in those times of the Third Reich..

-Dos
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast