MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle

Article about: Hello everyone! I've been thinking of possibly purchasing this 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle. However, I am not very familiar with these pieces and I wanted the opinion of those with more experie

Default Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle

Hello everyone!

I've been thinking of possibly purchasing this 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle. However, I am not very familiar with these pieces and I wanted the opinion of those with more experience in this field of military antiques.

The wingspan of the eagle is an almost perfect 28 inches, and the height is approximately 15.5 inches (the height may be a bit off as I was examining this piece in a fairly quick fashion). There are two holes with threads drilled through the right and left mounting studs; I'm not sure if this is something that was done by the Reichsbahn (if it's authentic, of course) or whoever owned it afterward.

I'm primarily interested in whether it's an authentic eagle or not, as that will decide whether I choose to purchase it or not.

However, if it is indeed authentic, I would be interested in finding out some more information about the example I might be purchasing. For example, did the sizes correlate to the types of equipment or buildings they were mounted on? I know there were multiple sizes of these eagles and I wasn't sure if they correlated with any particular mounting practices. Of course, it's impossible to know for sure where this eagle came from without any documentation or photographs. It would just be neat to know a little more about its potential backstory.

Here's some photographs I took of the eagle while examining it:

Thank you all for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle
    P
    Many

Hold your horses... i don't think so...

That's the direction I was leaning toward, unfortunately, but I wanted to be sure. Are there any specific features that distinguish it from an original?

raz
    ?

Mounting lugs are one big giveaway for this one being a fake .

Quote by TitaniumTom View Post
    Are there any specific features that distinguish it from an original?
    If you go to the main page of this section, https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deuts...hsbahn-eagles/ near the top right under the list of pages, you will see a tab that says "Search Forum", click on that and type in "28 inch eagle" and hit search. There are many, many, threads with discussions surrounding original and fake examples.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The back really is the first side to look at with these.

?

This is a post war Wehag which started this thread.
    Though in this post is a nice Pinter which came in to our site just today:

JR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle   Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle  

Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle   Authenticity of 28 inch Reichsbahn Eagle