Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Train Railway Eagle

Article about: Hey guys, do you think this is legit? If yes, how much would you value it at?

Default Bronze Train Railway Eagle

Hey guys, do you think this is legit? If yes, how much would you value it at?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Train Railway Eagle   Bronze Train Railway Eagle  

Bronze Train Railway Eagle   Bronze Train Railway Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Train Railway Eagle
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Wait for the guys that know these to provide an opinion.

On this forum we are happy to provide authentication of items when we can. However as a rule, we do not provide monetary valuations. It is too subjective. Best bet is to find examples on dealer sites to get ball park prices.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I dont know if its real, but still its gorgeous, one of the best Eagel Designs in my Opinion.

It's a nice clean sharp casting of a Garthe eagle, but is it bronze? Three photos show differing tones that look like painted on patina. But the reverse side shows the Rg5 mark indicating Rotguss a brass/copper alloy. But I'm not sure it's not a magnesium alloy pretending to be "bronze". This is a case where photos only help so far, weighing and in hand inspection probably needed. Could be skillful reproduction.

?

Were not these bronze birds also used on the submarine tower?

I don't recall ever seeing a Reich Adler affixed to a U-boat conning tower. U-9, a Type IIB boat had a black Iron Cross painted on its conning tower. Some of the surface warships had the Reich Adler affixed to various spots on the hull and superstructure, usually on the stern or the front of the bridge. Dwight

Bronze Train Railway Eagle

I think the different tones is a camera flash/lighting thing.

raz
    ?

Hello , that is a really nice looking example which is exactly like the Garth eagles shown in Mr Saris book . It even has the chamfered holes per the ones in the book . It states this type of eagle was meant for use on the Rheingold luxury express train cars and were made . Weather or not they were actually used I think is in question . The use of rheingold ( brass ) was stopped by Garth in 1939 to mobilize for the war .