MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.

Article about: Well done Glen, you've picked up a cracker there! The wear 'n tear gives it a little character too. Cheers, Carl

Default Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.

Hello guys, I have recently purchased this 15" eagle, it is too small to be a railroad eagle so perhaps it was used on a building (if genuine). The eagle didn't cost me much so it was worth a risk. The swastika seems ergonomic and the fixing bolts seem to be in the same place on the wings as they are on railroad eagles. In addition, does any body know what the hole might be (I'm kinda hoping its a bullet hole ), also the eagle is bent, maybe due to being removed from a building or something (again, if genuine). What do you guys think?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.   Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.  

Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.   Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.  

Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.   Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.

I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice Glenn!
    I am no expert on these but, I like it as well. It certainly looks like a bullet hole. Either that or someone drove a pick through it. Are there any manufacturer's marks on the back?
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the replies, that is great news! Anyway no I cannot make any makers marks but it isn't in the best shape. I feel really bad now for the seller as I brought it dirt cheap (£30) both me nor the seller knew not if it was genuine. Are these more desirable than railroad eagles because of the size and have you seen one of these for sale recently and finally do you know what it would have been applied onto?
    Thanks, Glen.

Nice Eagle, looks like a period repair with the steel strip, is thare a crack runing across it??

Quote by darrenj40 View Post
    Nice Eagle, looks like a period repair with the steel strip, is thare a crack runing across it??
    Thanks, yeah there is plenty of rust around the strip. You can see a small crack running across the feet of the eagle.
    Thanks, Glen.
    PS I forgot to mention that there are some small engravings on the swastika, any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.   Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.  

?

Nice period eagle, looks like the type used on trolley cars - also looks like it was badly beaten up when removed but still nice.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

That's a great looking eagle Glen, nice pickup mate - even better for £30! I reckon you've done well there, I've seen railway eagles for sale between $1200 to $2500 and although I don't know what sort of price range you'd be looking at for your eagle it would surely have to be within the same sort of price range.

Quote by Horst View Post
    Nice period eagle, looks like the type used on trolley cars - also looks like it was badly beaten up when removed but still nice.

Horst
    I concur with Horst, this appears to be a 40cm Trolley eagle as fitted to Reichspost buses. The field behind the Swastika would have been painted red, and the letters below the eagle were also highligted the same colour. As said badly beaten, but not to it's detriment I think.

Believe it or not, one of these in mint condition was knocked down for 4,000 Euro's at one of Herman Historica's auctions in 2010.....That's just crazy!!!!

Nice find son!

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks guys, this has to be one of my best buys yet. Thanks for those great pictures Ned, personally I prefer my one compared to a mint example especially if it is a bullet hole
    Thanks, Glen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast