Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?

Article about: The seller says it was painted afterwards, still, it looks to me that it was painted to make it more difficult to say if it is a fake. IMHO it does not look original, the studs have been fle

Default Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?

The seller says it was painted afterwards, still, it looks to me that it was painted to make it more difficult to say if it is a fake.
    IMHO it does not look original, the studs have been flexed away - but why would they be so broad then after flexing... it does not make sense.
    Sorry - did not get any better pictures

Whats your opinion on it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

From these pictures I would not touch it . The back looks like a brand new casting IMO . The other two pictures are so blurry you can't tell whats good or bad ... Please wait for more input .

?

I agree. Not one to pick up. Makers mark is no where near as clear as mine. I think it looks like a crude cast copy.

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?  

Thank you for your replies - I also tought its fishy.

Doesn't look good to me - I'd avoid it
    There's tons of info and examples of this maker here to compare to - Rail PS - Third Reich Eagles
    Cheers

Here are some pics of authentic PS LOK 600's that I've owned, both finished and unfinished mounting studs. The quality of the castings varied. The unfinished example was featured in Wilhelm Saris's book.

The original eagle posted is a reproduction. The front side pics are blurry (a sign in itself) and the rear of the casting is extremely rough.

Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?Lok 600 Railway Eagle - Opinion?