Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this railway eagle?

Article about: I have the opportunity to buy this Reichsadler but wanted to run it by you guys first. It's ~28" wide. The seller told me he found it at an estate sale from an American WW2 veteran and

Default Opinions on this railway eagle?

I have the opportunity to buy this Reichsadler but wanted to run it by you guys first. It's ~28" wide.

The seller told me he found it at an estate sale from an American WW2 veteran and believes it's real, but if it turns out not to be, he'd refund me. Each wingtip has a hole in it and the casting is marked "CAL-MC". I've never seen this marking before... any ideas on this eagle's authenticity?

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this railway eagle?
    P
    Many

?

it is great that the seller offers a refund if not a good one.

Yeah, I just want to have more confidence beforehand. What's strange to me is it doesn't have its material composition marking... I don't know what to think of it.

raz
    ?

There are 2 references in Mr Saris book ( shown here ) I hope he doesn't mind . Your eagle has the material code - GAL-MG but a little soft . I like it . It should be quite thin , 1.0 cm on wreath and.07,.08 cm at top of wings .

Opinions on this railway eagle?Opinions on this railway eagle?Opinions on this railway eagle?Opinions on this railway eagle?Opinions on this railway eagle?

Incredible finding and resource, thanks a lot Raz! I'll have to buy that book... looks extremely detailed and these eagles never get old -- I can only imagine all the eye candy. I appreciate it!

raz
    ?

Your welcome and I am glad to help .It is a good read . I would like to know what are the measurements WxH ? Also with a money back guarantee you can't lose . JMO .....

The dimensions given to me were approximate -- something like 28" x 15", I believe. I should know more when I get my hands on it! Also, side note, I'm curious what that red stuff is on the backside... looks like blood, haha.