Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political Wall Eagle - Arno Breker - Repro

Article about: Picked this up recently. Given the price of original political and railway eagles these day I figured it would still display well. Very well made, solid brass and heavy but clearly a repro e

MAP
    ?

Default Political Wall Eagle - Arno Breker - Repro

Picked this up recently. Given the price of original political and railway eagles these day I figured it would still display well.

Very well made, solid brass and heavy but clearly a repro especially when you look at the reverse as far as I can tell

Not sure what the correct terminology for these as I've seen them called many things (1st Pattern, NSDAP, Political, Reichstag, etc. )

Last edited by MAP; 04-09-2024 at 03:20 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Wall Eagle - Arno Breker - Repro
    P
    Many

?

I would call this Reichstag pattern. A very cool piece which would fit well in my collection as well.
    I have to agree with your opinion. There is no way this was made by Arno Breker. I went to an exposition last month with some pieces made by the man. A great artist for sure.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I would call this Reichstag pattern. A very cool piece which would fit well in my collection as well.
    I have to agree with your opinion. There is no way this was made by Arno Breker. I went to an exposition last month with some pieces made by the man. A great artist for sure.
    Thanks!!!

We see the railway eagles often (as well as often copied) but rarely this pattern which is nice. Furthermore at 19 inches (48 cm) it's a nice compact size making it easier to display.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The correct terminology is Kroll Opera House Style Wall Eagle.
    Kroll Opera House Style Wall Eagles - Third Reich Eagles

?

That is a pretty bird. Those wide spans of equal sized golden feathers always remind me of the Ancient Egyptian representations of the eagle.
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-06-2024 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

MAP
    ?

Quote by KurtSteiner1974 View Post
    The correct terminology is Kroll Opera House Style Wall Eagle.
    Kroll Opera House Style Wall Eagles - Third Reich Eagles
    Thanks Kurt. Yes. I failed to mention Opera House. The seller referred to it as this as well.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That is a pretty bird. Those wide spans of equal sized holden feathers always remind me of the Ancient Egyptian representations of the eagle.
    Thanks Adrian. Now that you mention it, it does have an Egyptian vibe to it

MAP
    ?