Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Railroad /Train eagle not used on train

Article about: This one never had the lugs treaded but was drilled a tapped on one lug,maybe hung in an office?Have these went down in price in the last few years?

Default Railroad /Train eagle not used on train

This one never had the lugs treaded but was drilled a tapped on one lug,maybe hung in an office?These seem to be getting harder to find as I dont see as many for sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railroad /Train eagle not used on train   Railroad /Train eagle not used on train  

Railroad /Train eagle not used on train   Railroad /Train eagle not used on train  

Railroad /Train eagle not used on train   Railroad /Train eagle not used on train  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railroad /Train eagle not used on train
    P
    Many

seem to be getting harder to find as I dont see as many for sale.

Too many fakes too few real ones.

?

There are a few listed on some of the regular websites all in the 5-6k range. I regret not picking one up when I could for about 2-3k. Really a great item for a collection.
    Regards, Al

It's assumed by most that these eagles were all removed from train carriages at the end of the war. But equally likely is some came from a foundry workshop, and never actually were fitted to a carriage. That would explain unthreaded mounting lugs, as tapping the thread was probably the last stage in the manufacture process.

Wow,didnt know they were that pricey ,this one came from JR with his book almost 20 years ago,glad I bought it when I did.Here are a couple in better light,this one is near mint cond.Thanks Anderson,that makes sense,the small hole looks like maybe mounting to a wall for display,may have been done by the vet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railroad /Train eagle not used on train   Railroad /Train eagle not used on train  

Railroad /Train eagle not used on train