Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Adler, please chime in.

Article about: Greetings, I was asked to post my Reichsbahn Adler, so here ya go. I'm not sure how long it's been in the family, but my uncle, who left it to me a few years back, showed it to me for the fi

Default Reichsbahn Adler, please chime in.

Greetings,

I was asked to post my Reichsbahn Adler, so here ya go. I'm not sure how long it's been in the family, but my uncle, who left it to me a few years back, showed it to me for the first time in 1971. How long he's had it at that time I do not recall. What I do recall is that it was given to him by a war buddy that brought it over from Germany at the end of the war. If you knew my uncle, you'd know he did not collect many things, but the things he did hold on to were usually expensive and authentic. I've never had any doubt as to the authenticity of the Eagle, but just to be sure, I've asked a couple of guys to take a look at it. Dan at Griffinmilitaria likes it as does Ken at Germanwarhelmets. I've also ask Raskantik for an opinion, but so far no reply.

The person that asked me to post this was interested in finding out how to differentiate between an authentic eagle and a reproduction. During my time verifying my bird, I've learned quite a bit, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I'm also quite excited to have purchased Third Reich Reichsbahn Eagles by Wilhelm Saris from Rossi. Thank you Rossi. Can't wait for it to arrive in a few days.

In any case, I just wanted to share these pics with you and get your opinion if you care to leave it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Adler, please chime in.
    P
    Many

Looks good to me

?

It's a fine 28" eagle manufactured by Reinhmetal