Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK help pleas

Article about: Can I have opinions on this buckle. All parts pull the magnet. I do not see any obvious makers marking. If this is original item, what timeframe would it have ben produced? Thanks for you re

Default DRK help pleas

Can I have opinions on this buckle. All parts pull the magnet. I do not see any obvious makers marking. If this is original item, what timeframe would it have ben produced?
    Thanks for you replies.
    HQ South

DRK help pleas
    DRK help pleas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK help pleas
    P
    Many

UH-OH, After digging a bit further down Rouges Gallery, 2014, I see an almost identical buckle. I have a couple days to decide whether to purchase or not. So this may not be for me. Again, thanks for any info you can give me.
    HQ South.

I'm not a fan of this one, but wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by HQ South View Post
    ...after digging a bit further down Rouges Gallery, 2014, I see an almost identical buckle...
    The buckle is not a fake and instead is a pure fantasy, as this specific buckle was never produced in die stamped steel.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Crudest Swaz I have seen in a long while!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ..crudest Swaz have seen in a long while…
    Swaz? Do you mean Swastika? Perhaps so, however this fantasy buckle and in complete form is crude beyond belief. The style of the Swastika is I would suggest, quite academic.

Regards and best wishes,

David

The fantasy DRK buckle in steel is and in my opinion a real horror and in many ways. As such, it should pose no identification problems whatsoever, even following only a minimal amount of research on the Forum. Not so the fake DRK from a cast alloy and these on the odd occasion, can be slightly difficult to identify. It is worth emphasising I think, "on the odd occasion".

Attached is a photo merge of three DRK buckles and the one in the middle is an original and die stamped example. It is highly subjective of course, however I think that both the fine detail and the chemically generated colouring to this buckle, is remarkable.

Flanking or supporting to the viewers left is the fantasy DRK (titled as fake by laziness on my part) in steel and to the viewers right, the fake DRK from a cast alloy.

When the three are shown together, I think that the horrific detail of the fantasy buckle in steel, really stands out.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Thanks David,
    That’s a super way to display the defects in the fantasy and fake buckles. As a novice collector, this type of info will go a long way to helping me make spot decisions to buy or walk. Fortunately I can walk on this one.
    Thanks again,
    HQ South

?

HQ South - you can also take a look at the DRK Makers thread. Not many different makers or variations of this buckle. Let's just say, if there was an original 'steel' version of this buckle, it would be included in this thread. And as David has done, always nice as well to identify and compare the original, fake, fantasy etc.

Deutsche Rote Kreuz Buckles

As always, look for quality in manufacture with TR items ...... almost always a hallmark of originality.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast