Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found this belt buckle in my random buys

Article about: So, among one of my buys of random stuff, this was in the box. There where some other pieces as well, and they where all authentic. I am not sure on this, as it's in perfect condition. Like

Default Found this belt buckle in my random buys

So, among one of my buys of random stuff, this was in the box. There where some other pieces as well, and they where all authentic. I am not sure on this, as it's in perfect condition. Like absolutely no wear marks, which to me seemed weird being that if this is real, it's pretty old. Well, pretty old in comparison to my age.

Anyone have any info?

Found this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buysFound this belt buckle in my random buys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found this belt buckle in my random buys
    P
    Many

?

I believe you have a authentic unmarked later war Red Cross buckle. It looks to be a one-piece zinc buckle. Overall, in my opinion it is nice example of one of the tougher wartime buckle variants to find. Ben and other buckle experts can advise as well on this. I would not be too concerned about lack of wear. Much like the Red Cross hewers and daggers you see they have very little wear and are in nice condition.

Here is one of mine. Very different in how mine is made and constructed. Hope this helps you.

?

Here are a couple of examples of your buckle in lesser condition.

And

Here is a whole section of the forum on DRK buckles.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deutsche-rote-kreuz/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very nice buckle in unissued condition. These zinc buckles tent to have some spots. Not rare like the variant with the large cross. A little harder to find than the other DRK buckles.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Very nice buckle in unissued condition. These zinc buckles tent to have some spots. Not rare like the variant with the large cross. A little harder to find than the other DRK buckles.
    Thanks Kirby. Always appreciate you being the “bucklepedia” along with Ben and many on WRF. Here was another up for sale recently.

?

Nice unmarked Red Cross Buckle in Zink....
    Great Found....

Any idea what it sold for?

?

Usually I don’t give values but originalgermanmilitaria.com had two of these. One sold for $250. He has another on a belt listed for $495. The belt is nothing special and shouldn’t double the price

Lovely buckle and very hard to come by, does it for me
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast